Arsenal transfers 23/24

Let’s not underestimate that if a player doesn’t want to be at Villa, the last thing Gerrard needs is unmotivated players in this time. Ditto for Rodgers and Tielemans.

Ideal world, but both and see El Nenny and Partey as bonus players for this calendar year.

Danilo seems a lot more like what we’re trying to do though. Young player, high ceiling, low salary.

1 Like

:giroud2:

Luiz is a DM

Luiz is certainly not an AM lol

2 Likes

These videos are deceptive then, because he doesn’t look like a DM :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if we either sign Luiz for £40m or more today or we sign Danilo in January for something similar.

Absolutely zero chance of a winger.

Bidding for Raphinha indicates that we are definitely interested in a top class forward if one becomes available.

Beat me to it :joy:

We can’t be blowing that much on him, he can sign elsewhere for free in Jan lol

But yeah a winger seems unlikely now unfortunately

40m is probably closer to what he goes for without 9 months remaining on his deal. Think something around 25-30m might be closer to what it takes to get this done.

Maybe we’ll see more of Marquinos

Come on Luiz, be a prick and push for a move here.

I agree but Elneny and Partey are out for weeks and we need back up in that position.

It’s transfer deadline day and Villa know that plus they don’t need to sell. The only thing helping us is that Gerrard doesn’t rate apparently and he wants to leave.

It’s either that or Danilo but apparently all the reports say that Palmeiras have no intention of selling him as he’s very important to them.

Feel like we’re up shit creek a bit here.

I think that’s likely.

He has really impressed for the u21s so I wouldn’t be surprised to see Marquinhos and Eddie deputising for Saka.

He is out of contract in 9 months and reportedly wants to move here, Villa may not need to sell but it is probably in their best interests to prevent losing a relatively valuable asset for free.

It’s a stand off because despite the fact we need someone in I don’t think they can be allowing him to leave for nothing

I’d be very disappointed to see us getting mugged off like that

I’m hoping he is getting some much needed rest and sleep. He’s been a relentless force with the twitter rumours :joy:.

Relegation is far more costly and damaging to the club

Poor form form Arsenal to wait this long

3 Likes
2 Likes

They’re staring relegation in the face and with rich owners I imagine they’d rather keep Luiz and miss out on £30-£40m in the hopes that he helps keep them up than sell him and miss out in the £150m or whatever it is you get for staying up.