Arsenal transfers 23/24

Unreliable rumours are saying Locatelli is available on the market for €25m

1 Like

Are the unreliable rumours talking about the structure of the deal?

Not keen on Locatelli anymore. Seemed to have a Purple Patch.

1 Like

We really don’t play that different from City… A lot of similarities, 3-2-5 in possession, box midfield etc.

The main difference is how our striker position is occupied. A more traditional box player like Haaland (he can obviously do more) or somebody like Jesus who is less firm in staying in position. Without Jesus scoring 20 we need Saka/Martinelli/Odegaard to contribute 45 League goals every season. Hence I do understand why people would ask more from him in that regard. We will have to see if especially Odegaard can hit 15 again.

1 Like

Initial reaction was “I swear Newcastle just signed him already ye cunt”

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: David Raya

A goal keeper should not be the priority right now. We should be looking at offloading some dead weight and bringing in a target man to compete with Eddie/Balogun for 2nd option striker.

1 Like

We’re on it, Mokbel and TNAT said we’re after Kudus to play on the right.

2 Likes

I think this will still happen. We’ll get a wide player & Raya.

Arsenal’s problem for 2-3 years has been our GA, more so than our GF. Ramsdale is unfortunately a cause for concern on that front.

If there’s an opportunity to improve upon the first 11, without sacrificing our other needs I think we should do it.

If that’s true and we got both Raya and Kudus then this has to go down as our best ever transfer window doesn’t it?

3 Likes

Already is tbf.

1 Like

YES although I’d still be disappointed that we didn’t bring in a quality option to battle with Jesus.

1 Like

I’d personally wait to see the players we’ve signed actually play some competitive fixtures for the club first.

Might be a bit early to make that call.

Agreed, in hindsight it could change but going off the transfers alone so far it is definitely the most ambitious window I’ve witnessed as an Arsenal fan.

The investment we’ve made is unprecedented for me. We’ve completely shattered our transfer record and have made the second most expensive signing in PL history. On top of that we signed Chelsea’s best forward (let’s ignore the context around why that was🤣) and one of Germany’s best players in Havertz. Furthermore, we signed the biggest starlet to come out of the Ajax academies since FdJ and MdL.

As things stand we’re the biggest spenders of this window and have surpassed City in having the most valuable squad in world football.

Something would have to go really wrong for it go bad, and I hope haven’t jinxed it now. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hmm…

https://twitter.com/Transfersdotcom/status/1685740892542447616

1 Like

Hmm… indeed.

Don’t even want to think this can happen.

My nun has better sources than Steve.

Spend the money on a true 9 please, if we are going to get an attacker.

How many wide players we have already?

1 Like

Pepe plus 60m let’s get it done!

I agree, we haven’t had many windows better than this.

Not only did we break our transfer record for Rice, it was for a position where we needed top quality. We’ve also strengthened significantly with Timber and Havertz but most importantly, we didn’t sell any of our best players to do it.

3 Likes