Arsenal transfers 23/24

I agree with most of those, although I would keep Nketiah, unless another club offers 40m or more.

A few of my mates go to West Ham and say he’s consistently a level above all the other players, which might not be that great but he is very highly rated there.

We need about four quality players for key positions but that won’t happen in this window and Arteta will have to prioritise just a couple of positions to strengthen significantly.

So getting a Haaland type striker to replace Jesus will have to wait, especially as scoring hasn’t really been an issue for us.
I think Arteta will get another experienced CB and RB, but the bulk of the budget will be on a midfielder to replace Xhaka and possibly another to cover for Partey but if he wants PL quality, which seems to be his preference, then he’ll need at least another 100m, after the sales of surplus players.

1 Like

Jorginho was just about palatable and clearly a backup.

If Edu and Arteta think Mason Mount is going to take our midfield to the next level, not just make it more athletic than Xhaka, I’d be worried.

3 Likes

Does sound about right.

1. FB
  2. CB
  3. DM
  4. CM

** And maybe another FW depending on the futures of Nelson, Balogun and Nketiah

1 Like

It might be two players or just one player who can play both RB and RCB but that area of the pitch has really skyrocketed to the top of the priority list.

The team fell apart when Saliba got injured and Tomiyasu’s injury also took away our best Plan B. But the decisive game of the season might have been the City home loss where Tomiyasu killed us as well. In an alternative universe where we had one more really good right sided defender, we at least draw that City home game (improving by 3 points vis-a-vis City), convert 1-2 of the West Ham/Soton/Liverpool draws into wins and the title is still well in our hands even after a loss at the Etihad. The margin for error is so thin when competing with City, you can’t afford to have players the quality of Tomiyasu and Holding as your only right-sided defensive backups for a whole season.

1. Back-up, experienced keeper. I’d like us to take Szczęsny back as back-up/trainee goalie coach. Home grown too.
  2. Back-up/promising wing-back - Fresneda
  3. Centre-back - António Silva
  4. Defensive midfielder - Declan Rice
  5. Attacking midfielder - Mason Mount
  6. If we sell Nelson and/or Nketiah - Moussa Diaby
  7. Striker - Gonçalo Ramos

Sell - Turner, Tierney, Holding, Cedric, Tavares, Trusty, Sambi, Pepe, Balogun, Pepe, Nelson

7 players? That’s content for:

2 Likes

I think we’re looking at max 2 or 3 first team incomings this summer. I don’t think it will be on a par with the last couple of years spending.

7 if we’re going to compete in all competitions.
For a better title challenge then we need options 2,3,4 and 7

I think a lot of the money is going towards one midfield signing and then it’ll be some speculative signings sprinkled around it.

2 Likes

I’m a bit worried that Arteta and Edu think 1 CDM and perhaps a backup option is enough for us to challenge. It really isn’t. We’re 2-3 rungs below the opposition. I know we’re not gonna have £200m to spend this summer, but hopefully if we can sell more dross, that should give us some leeway to add some options.

Can’t we find a Martinelli-esque CDM from the 4th division of Brazil again for £6m? :grin: and spend the rest in other key areas

I could stomach 2 or 3 high quality signings. We can pad the squad with returning loanees.

Rice and Mount it is then.

Probably looking at £150+m here in fees and £200+k pw worth of wages for each.

God almighty “Are Arsenal still in the title race?” clickbait alert.
As tedious as the thousands of “Can Arsenal win the title?” videos up until the recent weeks.

This is my first title run in the social media/You Tube era and it’s been one desperate attempt to get likes after another.

:face_vomiting:

1 Like

Tbh I would like Vlahovic on the cheap as a back up in summer.

Especially if we don’t see Balogun staying
I’d sell Balogun because it doesn’t look like we will use him much.

Sell Balogun for big money. Ligue 1 tax on goal scoring is so inflated the government need to send a cost of living bonus to everyone

Open to it now. The kid has talent, but will he ever be of the level to get us close to City? Unconvinced. Could be a Willock - will flourish elsewhere.

40m would do nicely. Trossard can more than do a job upfront as back up to the back up (our new striker).

Yeah sod it 40m for him and 25-30m for Eddie and get them both fucked off

Need 22 world class players in the squad to compete with city.

2 Likes

Won’t be popular but wouldn’t mind Toney or Mitrovic as a plan B. Vlahovic would be a shout as well

Jesus, Mitrovic and Trossard as the striker options is very lovely.

Too much smoke for the Rice rumours not to be true. One or two more top players in addition gets us more ready.

Backup GK if Turner leaves for more minutes (would like a GK with experience)
new RB pushing Holding out of the club (I like Fresneda a lot)
new LB if Tierney wants to leave and if Arteta want to continue to use him as playmaking LB (I’m in favour of promoting Lino Sousa and use Kiwior as LB)
new DM (Caicedo, Zubimendi, Rice, Ugarte)
new LMF (Kudus, Mount, Vitinha, Tielemans, Renato Sanches)
new FW (Vlahovic, Hojlund, Ekitike, Fabio Silva, Zirkzee)

Sell - Turner (if he wants), Holding, Tierney (if he wants), Trusty, Cedric, Tavares, Lokonga, Pepe, Balogun, Nketiah, Vieira, Mari, Runarsson.

1 Like