Arsenal transfers 23/24

Veiga with another solid goal

We need a

Backup RCB

Central midfielder

Maybe attacking midfielder cover unless we think Fabio can become less shit or ESR can stay healthy.

Backup RW for Saka.

:eyes:

1 Like

Yeah sorry that was meant to be less shit lol

1 Like

What are your thoughts @GC-Maniac ?

Sounds about right.

I think we’re past needing an overhaul every summer.

The core is there, probably looking 3-4 additions.

This is how I would go about in the summer:

Will be interesting how we deal with outgoings. Regardless of if we win the PL or not, we’re in a much healthier spot with our current assets.

Look at this:

That’s not including all the players we have loaned out. We should be able to finally make some really good money back if we decide to sell some players.

4 Likes

We definitely need to improve on the prices that we get for our departing players. Less than 10m for Leno, Bellerin, Mavropanos, Auba, Laca is tragic.

This summer the likes of Holding, Tierney, Lokonga, Pepe and one of Nketiah/Balogun could be gone. We should be picking up in excess of 100m

All of those players were in either poorly managed contractual situations or had no market. It makes it tough to sell players that nobody wants.

This summer will be different.

Chelsea have got almost the most expensive squad in Europe, with the most depth in quality, yet still haven’t got a striker and are mid table.

They’ll definitely be wholesale shop in the summer.

Chelsea look prime for a messy window for sure.

They’ve bought players to replace players they signed last summer already. How they’re gonna shift some crap they don’t want will be interesting.

Be even funnier if they change manager and add to the mess.

The ridiculous thing is, that they’ve already had record spending and have got a massive squad but they have very few players that would be an upgrade on our team.

The next Chelsea manager will get a massive budget in the next window but they’re going to need it to sort out the mess they’re in and if there is a club owner that could make it worse, it’s Boehly. :grinning:

Julian Brandt has been linked with Arsenal. Do you think this is a realistic transfer?

"It’s definitely an option that Brandt could move to Arsenal. Surely he is a target for them and they are following him closely.

I’m not 100% sure they’re going to try and get him now, but he’s definitely on the list.”

Both attacking midfielders.
Vieira and Smith Rowe better step up and Xhaka gotta maintain that goalscoring form because it sounds like the club is exploring its options.

Brandt would blow up under Arteta. I feel he has a lot of untapped potential.

Would prefer Florian Wirtz but it seems like he’s Barca bound.

1 Like

Di Marzio has access to our list?

3 Likes

We should be looking at James Maddison rather than Brandt

Figures would roughly be the same

Brandt would be an awful signing. Injury prone and overrated. Not robust enough either.

1 Like

Rice and Maddison - yes please

We’d have a strong English spine

1 Like

I still really don’t get the James Maddison obsession. We have Odegaard, ESR and Vieira who can play as a No.10. We need a backup/rotation option for Saka on the RW and we need to strengthen in central midfield.

I would like us to replace Xhaka and buy a new No.8 but that seems unlikely.

Maddison is an excellent player but I don’t see how he fits into our system, and means we don’t strengthen in other more pressing areas.

As for Rice…remains my No.1 target for the summer window!

3 Likes

how often did you watch him play?

Overrated?