Transfer Wishlist

I think it, my only gripe is which one outside of Saka really plays RW ?

Declan Rice

1 Like

Could see Jesus get game time there with Eddie proving he is capable through the middle and depending on what happens with Balogun

Another dynasty in sight, if we have this team in full strength and healthy

Khvicha kvaratskhelia. I think he is the most exciting prospect in the world right now and no where near his ceiling. I’d pay 120 mil for him without blinking.

Barring a midfielder(ideally top echelon one) I’m honestly not that particularly bothered about the rest of the incomings.

My main focus for Edu and co. in the next few months, in order:

1. Resolve contract situations for key players whose contracts are expiring in 2024 such as Saka, Saliba and Martinelli.
  2. Sign a top midfielder. I wouldn’t mind overpaying here to get this sorted out early and avoid competition.
  3. Re-evaluate the squad during preseason with loanees returning and a select few youngsters being considered.
  4. Outline which players the club can count on going forward into the next season(and beyond).
    As per Arteta, his ideal squad should have 3 goalkeepers and 23 outfield players. This should be the goal.
  5. Start flogging players out who didn’t make the cut to free up spots and bring money in.
  6. Fill any remaining spots with further incomings if needed, no reason to rush or panic over these.

I know most will be excited to throw money around on multiple new players for big money to “make a statement”.
I think you make a bigger statement by first ensuring existing key players are committed to the club, then you can selectively add players to elevate the team further.

5 Likes
  1. Use up to 100m for a top midfielder. Don’t think we need to spend that much but let’s really make an impact here.

2. I reckon is time to cash in on Tierney, will be shame but he’s not critical anymore so if we get 30m+ then it’s worth looking at.

3. Buy that fresneda chap - no idea if he’s good but seems to be able to cover rb/lb and is highly rated.

4. Extend bill and bukayo.

5. Sign two random Brazilian prospects on the cheap.

Summer window done.

1 Like

We need two midfielders. Xhaka, as good as he has been, shouldn’t be overly relied on and Partey’s future is murky.
Jorginho would have just one year with us.

Better to bring couple of midfielder and give them time to adapt & take Xhaka & Partey’s place in couple of season.

Jude Bellingham

1 Like

Ideally yes, two midfielders would be good but I don’t think it’s critical for this window.

I’d like one big signing to replace/rotate with Xhaka for sure. If they can cover Partey it’d be even better.

I do think we can get two for 100m if we look at zubimendi for example. He would cover Partey but also sounds like he’s at the level to challenge either Partey or Xhaka for a starting spot.

Personally I’d rather go huge and throw ~100m at Bellingham and see if it lands. Sort that Xhaka spot now for the next 5 years at least.

Then survive with existing options to backup Partey and resolve that when Jorgi is close to expiry.

Make an honest assessment on ESR injury wise if he doesn’t get a clear run till may.
Honest assessment on Viera by summer too. Act accordingly then pretty much what @GC-Maniac said.

1 Like

As good as Partey is, and he’s pretty bloody good btw, if there are genuine concerns about his future then a decision has to be made around that, sure.

Bit cutthroat of course but he’s on massive wages, last thing we need is paying someone £250k pw till 2025 and he’s not available.

Only problem is £120m they wouldn’t even blink they would laugh in your face and tell you to get stuffed. I reckon they would want Mbappe money for him.

1 Like

@Jesseviolin would be happy to know that in Fabrizio’s Deadline Day stream, he said ADL has no interest in selling anyone from the team. Anyone wishlisting Osimhen, Lobotka and other can stop now. :rofl:

1 Like

The only thing I would add is that its time to sell Holding. His contract is up in 2024 so we either extend him (yuck), keep him one more year and lose him on a free (ok, but suboptimal), or sell him and try to bring in the right footed version of Kiwior as a younger backup more suited to our style of play.

I think we can get a decent (~15-20m?) fee for him. He’ll still be 27, would suit a lot of mid-to-low table PL teams that play a lower line and defend in their own box a lot, will have the glow of coming from a very successful side, and seems to have a good personal reputation around the game.

West Ham or Everton it is then. :grinning:

Rice and Maddison in the summer.

1 Like

Does rice have 1 or 2 years left? If its 2 they will demand 100 mil

Moyes spouting shit about how he’s going to be a British record transfer, i.e more than the £107m for Fernandez.
But he wants to play in the champions league and will be able to sign a pre contract and go for nothing within 6m of the end of this season

1 Like

West Ham have an option to extend for an additional year so effectively Rice’s contract expires in 2025. West Ham will get the price they want and why shouldn’t they given the fees being paid for players with less experience.

Chelsea will come in with a competitive offer so we better be prepared to go north of £110m

3 Likes