Arsenal transfers 23/24

Haha it’s not generally used, or at least I don’t hear it much. I heard it on the radio, a guy called up to rant about over rated players (Declan Rice was one he named) and he said “Chinese whisper players, the lot of them”. It means players who the average fan doesn’t watch on a regular basis, but they have a few good games, people hear that, then it turns into said player being brilliant and the best teams should go for him etc, and people just believe it without actually bothering to watch past the highlights.

It just stuck in my mind for some reason.

7 Likes

He’s the most creative player and also their most defensive.

He leads the team in possession won, touches , duels won, tackles and this is despite the fact he is one of the top five creative players in the league. Before the hiatus only KDB created more chances per 90 than this guy, which is frankly insane. He also leads the league in highest % of chances created for his team.

In a better team with more talent around him he’ll become a star.

2 Likes

Thanks for explaining :+1:

That’s a great little phrase, absolutely sounds like a classic bit of 606/TalkSport rhetoric :grin:

1 Like

I think you’re right.
It’s not so much a lack of quality defenders but more a lack of defensive coaching.
We do have players that make mistakes that cost us points but if you look at clubs like Sheffield United, I doubt their defence cost much more than we paid for Mustafi.
They are far more organised as a defensive unit so if Arteta can get a coach to organise the team to defend more effectively it would be a lot cheaper than buying players.

Is that Todd Cantwell?

@Darkseid @Echoes Agree with both of you chaps on Buendia. Looks like another Santi with the way he can pass with both feet, can carry the ball and he has a lovely touch for a final pass.

Santi is in an elite bracket in terms of technical ability and Buendia isn’t that level, but he does have more tenacity and a bigger physical build.

He’s got a few assists this season albeit no goals, but he’s a very tidy player. Should Norwich go down, we could get a right bargain there. He’s the kind of player that I’m surprised isn’t being talked about as much given how much he stands out for Norwich.

2 Likes

LOL, can’t see us spending that big on a 17 yo kid unless it’s confirmed he’s the second coming of CR7

Kia coming good!!

I look forward to the same tweet in 3 years time when we’re trying to extend his Arsenal contract :ozil:

9 Likes

After a quick look, he hasn’t even played a league minute for Sporting?

£41m :arteta:

Time to run that contract down :slight_smile:

:eyes:

Is he any good? I never watch Manure play so have no idea

1 Like

I think he’s angelic. He will certainly be making an ascension sooner or later.

1 Like

Highly rated but shown nothing at senior level so far by all accounts

Net he’s better than Luiz!

Simione would make Guen the ultimate shithouse CM lol

4 Likes
1 Like

Hope there is Robacking down from us here and we beat Bayern to signing him.

5 Likes

no swedes pls