Arsenal transfers 23/24

I do think he walks straight into our team but you’re right this should have been tied up weeks ago, and he should be in the camp by now. 25 mil is not worth drawing out or hyping up.

1 Like

Expecting the Scots in here to rage on you.

Where’s that Celtic fucker when you need him?

Forgot his @

6 Likes

lelelelelelelellelelol

1 Like

Pepe is at Hazard levels of end product, I don’t think Zaha would match Pepe’s end product in Ligue 1

It’s a farmer’s league man, never forget.

I agree he looks like the best talent-mbap aside- in the French league since Hazard but to just assume that he’s going to come to the EPL especially to a rubbish Arsenal squad and have the same career trajectory as Hazard would be slightly presumptuous.

Zaha suits our needs more at this moment in my opinion but we probably won’t get either so it doesn’t really matter. Iwobi fo life.

All of these are the worst, dumbest, shittest papers around.

Only paper that would be harsh to use as toilet paper would be the Daily Record.

Can’t really trust any source in Scotland, maybe the BBC.

If we’re delaying the payment of Saliba’s fee for next season, just pay Celtic now ffs.

Plenty of Pepe’s goals (9 out of 22) were pens though, must be said.

Perhaps he has more upside, either way don’t see us signing either.

Imagine if we actually had the ambition to go out and get both and the other players we need.

2 Likes

That’s what you call a FM season.

2 Likes

Pepe would be a dream signing. After watching a yt video of his goals and assists, he is very reminiscent of Henry. So many side-footed perfectly placed goals at the far corner, perfect ball control, speed …

Zaha is no match for him really. Zaha is closer to iwobi than to Pepe.

Or it’s what you call using the 250m bank balance to invest in player assets. Why can’t we spend this money

1 Like

What’s odd is that Arsenal spent £70m by this point last year with no outgoings, now with every link this summer there’s talk of staggered payments being involved because of a £45m budget?

Either our situation has changed or the narrative has.

2 Likes

Probably we are finding hard to get rid of crap, unlike last year

Or the players they targeted this year are just more difficult to get done regardless of the budget. Last year Torreira with the release clause, Leverkusen/Dortmund had their successors acquired.

1 Like

I don’t view Tierney and Saliba as difficult deals to pull off

On Torreira last year we paid over his release clause to secure the deal ahead of Napoli. Our execution seems to have decreased to Wenger levels of incompetence

3 Likes

Celtic and St Etienne clearly don’t want to get rid of them. When you meet a release clause and the player is willing I reckon it’s easier to get stuff done. Except for the Suarez debacle before anyone mentions that.

It does seem as we are the only club where this situation happens more than most.

It’s not as if we’re buying two of Europe’s elite players and one of them isn’t even going to be here until next season.

Imagine what it would be like if we needed a player in a hurry.

Or Wengcompetance. :grinning:

2 Likes

This still doesn’t make them difficult deals to pull off imo. Every club has a price, we have players wanting to join us and the fees being discussed for Tierney and Saliba aren’t even outrageous in this market

It feels like Celtic and St Etienne don’t want to sell because we’re messing around with the low ball offers and staggered payment BS.

Specially with Saliba, RMC claim our negotiation strategy has allowed another club to enter the race and outbid us. That’s really indefensible compared to last summer

5 Likes