Arsenal Stats and Trivia

Yeh we all heard that about half a dozen times from the commentator lol

2 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes

And there’s been so many of them this season, felt like more than usual!

Something that has blown my mind today. In the invincible season the lineup that we all think of (Jens/Lauren, Sol, Toure, Cole/Ljungberg, Vieira, Gilberto, Pires/Bergkamp, Henry) only started a league game together for the first time in April, and then the second time being the last game of that season.

2 Likes

Nearly 20 years since we’ve had more than one potm in a season? That seems unbelievable to me

Very impressive

6 Likes

We have 5 players with double digits G+A…amazing!

4 Likes

Having five players in double figures has happened before, with both Graham and Wenger, in seasons when they won the league title. :grinning:

1 Like
3 Likes

We’re very leaky at home. I don’t know if it’s just lapses in concentration or if there is a flaw in our setup that seems to be exposed at home. But it’s even obvious from the eye test that we defend better away from home.

Yeah and we have Liverpool, City and Newcastle away, two clean sheets and we are good.

1 Like

SHUT THE FUCK UP

131 shots faced in 14 games away from home. Crazy that under Emery we faved almost 1/4 of that in one game against fucking Watford lol

3 Likes

Leno had a busy time during that period

Looking at the leading goalscorers, I was thinking no way can that be right with Gilberto in third with just 4, but Ljungberg and Bergkamp only got that amount themselves checking the stats from that season. Crazy the bulk of our goals came from just two players that season. Was sure I remembered Bergkamp pushing double figures at the least and Ljungberg hitting a few more than he did.

Yeah that is a surprising stat, we didn’t actually score a huge amount that season. Defence was super only conceding 26 in 38.

Don’t think it’s that crazy actually. Just looking at the graph all the top scorers for their respective clubs except Nolan were forwards. Which was expected of the role at the time (and arguably should still be)

2 Likes