Arsenal Stats and Trivia

Sweet :grin: you can mess with this in Swedish which I do and it pisses people off the same way: we have two forms of “one” (we choose based on the gender of the noun that follows, bit like spanish un/una), this would also be used like the English “a/an” when you just use indefinite article, like a/an pear/apple.

So I use the correct (“a” couple) if I actually mean two of something but the wrong one on purpose (like “an” couple) to mean like… a few… but not two, probably more like three or four. Which triggers people but imo you can kind of tell that because it sounds sloppy and inexact lol

1 Like

What you’re saying then is that Orbinho might be Swedish? :slight_smile:

1 Like

have you decidedly excluded that they’re Irish? I mean their English is stellar. I have read many tweets from Orbinho and never once caught a typically Swedish grammar mistake.

I’ve a vague memory of hearing him on some podcast and I’m pretty sure I don’t remember him being either. But I dunno, it’s all a jumble with the podcasts now.

1 Like

I have done google research on this very important topic and whilst I did not find out a definitive answer on the native language of the lad, I have found out that Rob Bateman (who joined Opta in 1998 and is now Head of something there) started Orbinho in 2009 as a side project to post fun facts on twitter about his favourite team Arsenal.

2 Likes

70 points over 38 games

Calendar year stats are my new favourite hatred.

1 Like
1 Like

English or not, 10 goal involvements just halfway through the season for two young winger/attacking mid is genuinely something to be excited about. For context:

Wilshere never did it in a full season.
Ox never did it in a full season either with us.
Iwobi never did it in three years.
Ramsey did it four times in eight full seasons with us.
Theo did it only four times in eleven full years with us.
Nasri did it once in three full years with us.

I don’t know whether it shows how good Saka and ESR are, how disappointing/injury prone most of our other young players in these positions have been recently, or both. But I’m excited about it.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Fair fucks. Whoever the opposition is, 3 clean sheets and an average of 4.25 goals scored per game over 4 league matches is not to be fucked with.

Any other stand out candidates for manager of the month? On the surface, gotta be Mikel’s I’d have thought.

Well Pep must be close too. Virtually won the title over December.

3 Likes

Pep should get it, city didn’t drop any points.

Didn’t we lose to United and Everton in December?

4 Likes

With the Wolverhampton game being postponed even!

1 Like

Arsenal don’t lose at Anfield in normal time in the league cup.

Kolasinac is the only left back there who had the team’s entire attacking structure based around him for a period of time lol

2 Likes