Arsenal Stats and Trivia

Nope I can’t tbh. Was this Meade and Mariner shit or Hawley and Chapman bollocks.

No idea lol

In 77-78, I think we lost at home to Derby and Villa…can’t recall a third???

I think the stat @Calum had was for March 77, so we’re looking at the season 1976/77.

(When Clough won the second division title with Forest)

Strangely ironic, though @JohnnyH that we seem to have these horrible trendsetting records against Midland teams

2 Likes

And Paisley nearly won the treble.:kissing:

2 Likes

Feck me that was a long time ago…I can tell you that we lost our opening game of the season…To Bristol City…I think…christ that was disappointing…glad there was no internet at that time, would have been murder… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ok I’ve just checked

We lost to West Ham, Ipswich and West Brom (in that order)

It was part of an EIGHT game losing run that included an FA Cup 5th round exit at the hands of Boro

1 Like

Wow…suddenly Arteta doesn’t seem so bad… :rofl: :rofl:

(I am joking…of course)

1 Like

Yeah watched that on YouTube again the other day. Newly promoted at the timehad a famous cup run in 74. Remember them beating Leeds in a replay midweek in the afternoon because of the 3 day week.

Yeah this season reminds me of 81-82 when we had our worst start ever under Wenger.

Oh and the time we lost 3 straight home league games in 77 under Wenger.

Oh yeah none if this shit ever happened under Wenger, BECAUSE HE WAS NEVER THIS FUCKING BAD :joy::joy:

Honestly with the Wenger slander, you Arsenal fanatics deserve to languish at the bottom of the table for a while considering you don’t appreciate how good u had it under Le Prof. Sucks that u have to ruin it for the real fans like me but thats okay I guess we all have to pay for ur sins :joy::joy:

I preferred it when Wenger won us the cup in 79.

Stopped the rot a little.

1 Like

I’m sure last season we lost three consecutive home matches in December. Brighton, City and Chelsea.

2 Likes

Yeah but it wasn’t just one manager in charge for that run. I think Freddie had the first two and Arteta was in charge for the Chelsea game.

2 Likes

I’ve got your back @JakeyBoy, you don’t stump Aussie with some facts for those facts to be wrong.

But Correct @Phoebica @Calum Freddie x 2 and Arteta x 1.

Ah yes.

Well I guess the tweet has more impact when you phrase it that way, rather than saying “its been almost one whole year since Arsenal lost three consecutive home games in the league”

We really are a bunch of rotters, aren’t we?

Allowing records to be broken and allowing other teams to set records against us (Man City could give us the most consecutive league losses against one club if we lose to them next time out at the Emirates, for example)

2 Likes

From BBC

Match stats - Arsenal’s best run since seasons they reached finals

• Arsenal have won each of their first five matches in a European competition (excluding qualifiers) for only the second time. The last was in the 2005-06 Champions League, when they went on to reach the final.

• They have scored three or more goals in four consecutive European games for the first time since March 2000. That year they reached the Uefa Cup final.

• Alexandre Lacazette is just the eighth player to hit 20 goals in the Europa League. It was his first goal in 488 minutes.

• Pablo Mari scored his first Arsenal goal with his first ever shot on target for the Gunners and just his second attempt overall (fourth appearance).

• All 16 of Eddie Nketiah’s goals in his senior club career have been scored from inside the box (11 for Arsenal, 5 for Leeds).

• Three of Emile Smith-Rowe’s four goals for Arsenal have come in the Europa League. His last goal was in the Championship for Huddersfield against West Brom in July.

Good omen for reaching the final?

It’s genuinely a shame we can’t carry this sort of form over into the league