Arsenal Stats and Trivia

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Why are we such a disaster away from home

It’s weird because I remember at one point we were much better away from home than at the Emirates :joy:

We’ll never get to be strong home and away it always comes at the sacrifice of the other

3 Likes

We’ve still got the away record against vs the “big 6” hanging around our necks which is just as bad, but we can put that to bed if we beat Spurs at SHL in a few games time

1 Like

We would have done that last season if Auba scored his last minute penalty :santi:

3 Likes

Or if the lineman could have seen one of 4 spurs players offside before Mustafi mustafied so penny kane could strike. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

While I’m not making excuses for our shit away record, apparently Liverpool have only won once in their last 23 visits to Manchester (that’s City and United).

They’ve only beaten us twice in London since 2002 (and that includes cup meetings)

And this is the champions.

Just goes to show how tough away games are. Arsenals record is just exemplified somewhat

2 Likes

Technically, the win today was against a top 6 club. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I think your post stands without the emoji as a serious point, at the moment they should be considered as such. Obviously due to the league position, but it’s one that they’ve earned and they are a serious side.

Its not a win at the Bridge, Anfield or the Emptihad, but it’s a decent scalp for us given our current standing and how awful a couple of seasons it’s been for us.

We can’t get ahead of ourselves by any stretch or read too much into a mere good result, but this is the kind of result that’s really encouraging from a new manager, and hopefully an indication that we might one day become a tactically respected outfit once again under Arteta.

Work to do but hopefully we might be going in the right direction.

4 Likes
1 Like

Conceded ‘only’ 7 goals less, but they’ve scored 32(!) more :joy:.

1 Like

Our 13 Premier League draws this season, including six 2-2’s :facepalm:

Spurs 2-2 (H)
Watford 2-2 (A)
Man Utd 1-1 (A)
Crystal Palace 2-2 (H)
Wolves 1-1 (H)
Southampton 2-2 (H)
Norwich 2-2 (A)
Everton 0-0 (A)
Bounemouth 1-1 (A)
Crystal Palace 1-1 (A)
Sheffield Utd 1-1 (H)
Chelsea 2-2 (A)
Burnley 0-0 (A)

3 Likes

We should rename our famous chant to

“1-1 to the arsenal”

They’re all against teams we absolutely should have beaten.

Imagine if we won those 6 games 2-1.

That’s 18 more points.

Story of Arsenal’s life.

3 Likes

I bet we took the lead in half those games too. I remember throwing away a 2 goal lead at Watford. Dark Unai times.

6 Likes

Darth Emery

2 Likes

*12 but your point stands, I can accept United and Chelsea, maybe tottenham and the odd Sheffield-like game on paper but as you say, 5-6 of those as odd goal wins instead and we’d be third in the table and with CL football in our own hands.

We could still get EL, it’s not over yet.

2 Likes

Jar Jar Bumery

4 Likes

It’s true, we had a lot of draws and if we could have converted those draws to wins we would be challenging four a top four place.
But realistically some of those draws we didn’t even deserve a point and there have been games where we have won and played poorly so we are where we deserve to be in the league.

In recent games we are winning, keeping clean sheets, getting wins away from home, while having good performances as well.
If we keep this level up we’ll get a top six place and see ourselves above spurs, where we should be.

1 Like

The Premier League table starting from 1st January 2020

2 Likes

:santi: