Arsenal Reserves & Youths

Norton-Cuffy continues to impress. If we can get another year out of Cedric while BNC goes on loan again (hopefully to a Championship side), he could be an internal solution afterwards as the alternative to Tomiyasu at RB.

2 Likes

might even use him next season he seems speedy and strong…i know he is a defender but we used saka who is smaller at a young age and he did a lot of defensive work when he 1st went into the the 1st team.

I cant imagine him playing but nice for him to come along with the group.

1 Like

He really seems to be Floreshing in the youth leagues, a nice gesture for his efforts.

2 Likes

Who’s unavailable then? :grimacing:

Start him on Saturday :eyes::joy:

3 Likes

You laugh but at this point i reckon he is 10x better than who we have there right now.

1 Like

I haven’t seen him play a minute of football but…

Lino Sousa > Nuno

Norton-Cuffy stats from yesterday

EDIT: comp

2 Likes

Ornstein in his column today

Arsenal’s leading teenage striker Khayon Edwards signs long-term deal

Arsenal remain on course to qualify for next season’s Champions League after beating West Ham United on Sunday, courtesy of goals from central defenders Rob Holding and Gabriel.

Mikel Arteta’s men have stayed in contention despite their recognised strikers struggling to score consistently and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang leaving in January without a replacement arriving.

The issue is likely to be addressed this summer, when Alexandre Lacazette and Eddie Nketiah are set to leave once their contracts expire and the market could be used to recruit two new forwards.

Arsenal also have front men emerging in the form of Folarin Balogun and Tyreece John-Jules — both of whom are currently on loan — while their top marksman at youth level is Khayon Edwards.

Edwards has enjoyed a prolific season and caught the eye of many suitors, keenly aware that his scholarship deal is ending and negotiations with Arsenal had not led to professional terms so far.

Chelsea and Brighton & Hove Albion are believed to have been among the clubs most interested in recruiting Edwards if he was to exit the Emirates Stadium as a free agent in the months ahead.

But The Athletic understands that the 18-year-old has now ended speculation over his future by signing a long-term contract that will tie him to Arsenal until 2025.

With Edwards’ campaign finished by injury, it was possible to step up talks and he put pen to paper last week. It will come as a boost to the north London side, given they faced losing a promising academy product to a domestic rival or one of the overseas teams in pursuit of him.

At this point in time, it is expected that Edwards will continue to develop with Arsenal’s under-23s and attempt to break into Arteta’s senior set-up in due course, with a loan not yet on the agenda.

1 Like

Very close to the 6-0 @shamrockgooner

I’d take that next week to be fair

3 Likes

not 6-0? :pepe1:

Sweet mate

Kevin to Betsy, that’s a blow.

3 Likes

Lad looks ecstatic

1 Like

We baulk at the prices they charge for printing names on shirts nowadays but this really feels like a worth while investment to me. Full name on the back please.

Double-barrelled names are just going to become even more common. My mum works in a primary school and she said some kids even have 3 surnames, where the kid’s mum has a double-barrelled name and has then added on the father’s name. There will come a point when footballers will just have to put their nickname on the back of their shirt :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Or abbreviations. We’re getting closer by the sounds of it.