Arsenal Pre-season

We genuinely have a great set of academy players when you think about it.

That’s one area that our club never slacks on.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Very little evidence of that tbh. Id back that up by saying most top clubs are the same .

3 Likes

Exactly, I’m gagging for them to get a proper chance.

We have known quantities of shit so why not try youth?

1 Like

Chelsea have Hudson, City Foden, Liverpool Arnold, Spurs Winks. United Mactominey. Its not really a policy you can implement at the top end of the league.

1 Like

This formation should be the blueprint moving forward.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s a wholly unrealistic approach. The reality is maybe one or two of these current academy prospects will make it but the vast majority of them won’t even come close to making it at the highest level so it’s fanciful to think that we can expect too much from them this coming season.

Nketiah, Willock and Nelson excite me but I don’t think any of the other exciting players will amount to much.

2 Likes

What do people want our line-up to be when everyone is fit and if we land all 3 rumoured players (Ceballos, Tierney and Everton)?

If we land our rumoured targets:

Leno 

Bellerin - Sokratis - New CB - Tierney

Ceballos - Torreira - Guendouzi

Everton - Lacazette - Aubameyang

Subs: Emi, Holding, Monreal, Xhaka, Nketiah, Iwobi, Ozil
3 Likes

I like that but Xhaka will always start ahead of Lucas

Absolutely. I know for a fact Xhaka will continue to be a fixture but in an ideal world he doesn’t make the team lol

3 Likes

Xhaka will start and it will be 4-2-3-1

If we get Ceballos, Guendouzi shouldn’t be in the starting lineup

Xhaka and Torreira should hold

I’m happy for Eddie Nketiah. :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t follow the guy below but would this be a good summation of the performances? Joe Willock is getting rave reviews in particular.

I think Torreira should play as a defensive mid and Guendouzi and Ceballos should operate ahead of him in “6” and “8” roles.

7 Likes

Oh yeah, I’d favour that

1 Like

Ozil was very impressive against Bayern today, not that many will admit it.

Aubameyang will have another 30 goal season also, his movement is just elite.

I think the performance of Ozil in a pre-season friendly against a totally under strength Bayern side is not something he’ll get any credit for and rightly so.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s completely fair, I’m just calling a spade a spade after watching the game.

3 Likes

He missed a few but I’m happy to fill in.

Leno is :fire:
Mustafi is :poop:
Xhaka is :poop:

7 Likes