Arsenal Pre-season

Lets play some real games first and re-evaluate.
Now Im confident of top 4 but, you know there is huge gap in between 2nd, 3rd and 4th, right?
We have a good starting 11 but need a more complete squad for the long season.

Challenge for every competition we’re in.
As Edu said, Champions League football should be a a byproduct of that.

Personally, I’m very keen on adding some European glory in our history so I hope this is the season we win the EL.

Lol

5th it is

We should absolutely be challenging 80+ points with this squad… place will always depend on other factors that are really hard to predict and outside of our control. atm I am leaning towards saying we should finish 3rd… we aren’t City/Pool level (not really even close), but the rest of the contenders with us have plenty of their own issues… I can see the one from that pack (Chelsea, ManU, Spurs, us) that hits their stride with 80+ as taking 3rd.

I don’t really see more than one (at a stretch 2) of that group doing so though.

One thing to keep in mind is that we will have a LOT more games this season to deal with and the stupid Qatar corrupt WC break as well… going to be a harder year to manage - a LOT harder than last year.

1 Like

I’d accept 4th if it was really the best we could do in a hyper competitive season but I agree. The title should be the target right now until it isn’t feasible anymore.

The beginning of 4th being good enough is what started this loser attitude creeping into the club imo. Then all of a sudden it becomes well 5th by a few points is almost 4th.

It used to be that you had 4 or so clubs going for the title, and then as the season progressed it might turn into a top 2 that were having a great season and running away with it and then maybe a top 4 or so of teams that it wasn’t quite happening for that year.

Every team has good and bad years. We should be having a good one this time around and if we catch others during a bad one and get a bit of luck who knows what could happen.

8 Likes

Yep - this is why I focus more on points, because that is all you can control. Bottom line is if you are toiling in the 70’s, you have no chance to win the title and probably will be miles off it… even the LC miracle year, they hit 81 points.

With our financial horsepower and advantages, we should be fighting in the 80’s more, hoping to breach 90 occasionally, and then you just hope for those odd years where the title isn’t taken by another team with 90’s points.

Just checked too as was curious - 6/10 teams who won league last 10 years had under 90 points (89, 89, 87, 86, 86, 81)… the other 4/10 were 90’s or the insane 100 City.

5 Likes

Arsenal winning the league would immensely disappoint aussie gooner tbf

2 Likes

forgetting another person that cant accept arteta

Oh him. Looks like he’s fucked off again. He’ll log on if Palace win

1 Like

we could have 15 quality games in a row and we have 1 poor one which we lose and he will be back here telling us how the whole club is a joke and the main reason for failings is arteta.

Enjoy the good pre-season guys.

1 Like
1 Like

C team gonna get more time then. :rofl:

I believe @k1tsun3 took her son to his first game. How was that?

Must have been a great experience! I can only imagine… My son just turned one, already dreaming of taking him on a trip to London and to a game!

8 Likes

I feel an EL win would be pretty big for the club, similar impact to 2013/14 FA Cup

I think Spurs will drop out of the CL, and then we’ll face them in the EL final :slight_smile:

Thought this was a good video

6 Likes

Might not be up long, but the full game is on YT if anyone didn’t get to see the game.

2 Likes

Haha yep. And much needed gametime for ESR, Vieira, Tierney and Tomiyasu

2 Likes