Arsenal matches on TV

Yep. In the Premier League anyway, Championship gets underway on the Friday night with Watford v Middlesbrough if you’re interested :smile:

:xhaka:

What’s your issue with this?

Having to wait until Monday.

Surely a good thing when we’re playing Liverpool? Your weekend doesn’t get ruined!

Seriously though, I would happily ditch Monday night matches when fans are back. They are shit for fans. Yes I enjoy watching those matches on TV, but I could live without them.

1 Like

I hate having to switch between University Challenge and the footy on a Monday night.

#scrapMNF

1 Like

Same. Except instead of University Challenge, it’s Coronation Street.

2 Likes

You mean you don’t watch the analysis? Thats usually always better than the game!

If its a shit game I’ve only watched it between 7-8 and 10-11 for that and fucked the match :joy::joy:

Brian Clough had been saying for ages that once football analysts took over and the spotlight was taken away from the 90mins of football, that’d be the death of the game.

I can kinda see what he means.

I watch football with “no frills” now. No build up, no post mortem. Just the (waning) love of the game

2 Likes

I’m the same but I feel that’s more to do with how pathetic we are as a team for like the last decade or so.

A good result is like a good meal you want to savour every last drop. The Fa cup against Chelsea I watched every piece of post game media I could find. The replays, the interviews the reactions on social media.

As it stands at the moment though it’s a chore watching Arsenal play the 90 minutes never mind everything else packaged around the game. Sad times but I hope it changes with Arteta, I genuinely miss being excited for the games.

4 Likes

Yeah I haven’t watched the build up for a while. When I worked in London, I didn’t get home until gone 7 on a Monday. Then I’d get changed, make dinner etc. And I’d just tune in for the game. And then go to bed afterwards.

But even at the weekend, I tend to just switch over a couple of minutes before kick off. Any decent sound bites appear on Twitter anyway. And I understand football so I don’t need someone to tell me what happened. Especially as I listen to a lot of podcasts. So they go over everything that happened.

1 Like

Guys, you’re casual users of an Arsenal forum. I’m pretty sure you spend enough time on Arsenal, besides the games.

FA CUP THIRD ROUND:

Saturday 09 January

Arsenal vs Newcastle - 5.30pm - BBC One

NOVEMBER 2021

Arsenal Vs Watford

New date : Sunday 7 November
Kick off : 14.00
TV channel : Sky Sports

Liverpool Vs Arsenal

New date : Saturday 20 November
Kick off : 17.30
TV channel : Sky Sports

Arsenal Vs Newcastle

New date : Saturday 27 November
Kick off : 12.30
TV channel : BT Sport

Great. That late kick off at Anfield means that’ll be the next Arsenal game on TV here for me. Should I look forward to that? :partey:

1 Like

Won’t have the struggle for streams this time

2 Likes

I have sky but I really feel like this shit comp should be on free terrestrial channels if they want anyone to care but I suppose I should just count my blessings this one is actually being broadcast at all.

2 Likes

All our matches up until December are on TV now.

1 Like

Fucks sake.

3pm KOs on a Sat are the one

Where’s the October matches