Arsenal Kits and Merch

Fly Better with Emirates as you visit Rwanda!

The worst thing about that away kit is the plain white back. Either have the design all over or none at all.

Loving the home and third ones though.

I should point out to those moaning about us having a white or blue away shirt…until 1968 our away tops were generally white & red, white & black or even blue. Yellow was only worn in Cup finals since the advent of colour filming that took place at such events and from 1968 in the league, again because of the introduction of colour TV.

2 Likes

Can’t believe we’re winning the league with this kit.

1 Like

You’d do well to find anyone with a colour TV in 1968.
Away kits were just change colours mostly. Till the very late seventies you’d do well to be able to purchase a replica kit.
Didn’t really become a regular sight around grounds for a decade after that really.

2 Likes

Yeah I can’t remember where but read that it was Don Revies idea to make replica kits for sale back in the early 70s.

1 Like

Wasnt the England shirt with the bar striped at the top by Admiral one of the first to be mass produced in this country?

Yeah it was. Sold really well. Keepers kit was popular with that kit.
Really big thing for a kid at the time was having a lace to tie your shorts. Believe it or not that was a selling point. Everything up till then had been elasticated.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s the one with the two stripes and the box. I actually love that design.

2 Likes

The Welsh kit at that time was innovative wasn’t it. Two yellow stripes down the front.

1 Like

It sounds like the kit had Go Faster stripes!

1 Like

1 Like

Ha, my skinflint dad didn’t buy the family a colour TV until 1982! The people that mattered (TV directors, the FA, club directors) would have been the first to have colour TVs and I say that in resentful, jealous way.

The cup finals from the 50’s were filmed with colour newsreel which would usually take weeks to produce, so was generally used for historical purposes, the board realised having a “gold” kit would stand out in the murky colours of post-war Wembley.

2 Likes

That is amazing. Is that Admiral brand? They should roll out some retro stuff.

1 Like
1 Like

Eeesh that’s some ugly gear

1 Like

Why does it feel like our club wants to prove that we have the most drip/swag :joy: :diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside:

I can’t get over how the additional ‘‘FLY BETTER’’ just ruins it. It’s just too much :sob:

2 Likes

Wow, they’re horrid

Adidas knocked it out of the park last season and completely shit the bed this one.

1 Like

That Luiz top looks sexy imo