Arsenal Kits and Merch

unfortunately i can see this being dwarfed in the next few seasons and this will look mediocre. I really dont like these type of deals because this has happened to us before and it stuffed us up really bad waiting for these types of deals to finish and be renewed or left for another.

1 Like

Hopefully there’s some room for renegotiation but obviously Adidas would be silly to do so. It’s a good deal for the next few years for sure.

Not really sure why it’s such a long agreement but certainly in 4/5 years time it’ll be dwarfed, somehow by United in mid table.

1 Like

can someone refresh my memory…wasn’t this 75m a season to begin with? I must be remembering things wrong.

60m I think

1 Like

not much of an uplift then if that was what it was before…this is what i am saying. Any big club now gets a new deal in a couple of years time and you might be hearing circa £100m and we have another 5 years on 75m.

Nah, I think you’re wrong here. 25% of an uplift on a deal that was already one of the biggest is huge.

Spurs are 30m until 2033. Chelsea’s 60m until 2032. City 65m until 2029.

This is a fantastic deal by any measure except perhaps united/Barca/Real who are always gonna be on another planet with this stuff.

7 Likes

welllllll…when you put it like that, who am i to argue :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Nike have had Spurs’ pants down there :pires2:

1 Like

Spurs just couldn’t believe someone wanted to be their friend for that long.

9 Likes

Not sure why anyone went out of their way to convince themselves we were somehow signing a terrible deal here.

1 Like

Football has been so goddamn good lately we need to find something to kvetch about.

I would not be surprised to see us become the 3rd big club to keep kits for more than one season. This deal wasn’t as large as I thought it would be, especially as we have the 2nd largest football “brand” in the UK. Kit manufactures are under pressure to be seen to be helping the poorest and I think it’s inevitable that 3 new kits per year will be a thing of the past by the end of this new deal.

Anyway, I’d happily play in black again next season as a third kit and just have the rumoured bright yellow/bright blue one as the “Away” kit

Id probably think the opposite. If they have just stumped up a load of cash on this deal, they’re going to want to make sure they get it back.
Releasing 3 kits a year and the many many different training wear they keep throwing out will ensure that happens ASAP.

I don’t like plain red arsenal gear.

Just looks like United or Liverpool

1 Like

Do I need a £45 crew neck sweater for my jammies?

Yes, yes I believe I do.

5 Likes

Tracksuit top nice. That Stella McCartney stuff though :face_vomiting:
Literally ripped off United’s awful zebra kit and repackaged it for us.

2 Likes

Tracksuit top is incredible.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s fucking sick

1 Like

Only thing I like there is the sweatshirt. Still wouldn’t buy any of it