Arsenal Financials

Yeah my worry is that they actually think he can come good… FFS his basic football intelligence screams “no” to me, but f*ck I hope I’m wrong.

He will be sold i am sure but we had to stop the rot somewhere! At least we get something for him now even if it is nit much and we have bigger fish to fry than this fucker even though we need to rid ourselves of him too!

You’re talking complete sense mate along with Invincible and all the fans I know who have season tickets but who aren’t on here.

Unfortunately there’s one member on here who just resorts to aggressive and insulting nonsense in his posts on this matter and another one who’s so obsessed about the last seven years net spend analysis that he’s unable to put it in the context of the situation the clubs been in and the owner who sits behind it and then arrives at a very different conclusion most of the rest of us would arrive at with the same data (although I do at least get his points in places and they’re politely argued).

I do agree with Shamrocks view on all this that football club ownership should ideally rest with the fan base similar to the model for example they have in Germany and with some other big clubs such as Barca.

It’s a very bad combination to mix fans who love their team with a pure investor who also happens to subtract value on the management of the footballing side of the club. I’ve been very sad seeing the decline in the team this last decade on the back of it.

2 Likes

Well yeah I’ve always said Kroenke and the rest should’ve invested back then… now it’s flailing damage control and paying even more to get back. I think back then the board saw that Wenger got results anway (as in economic profit - top 4 and CL with little net spend) so they loved him for it, when it stopped working they sacked him because we’re a club that needs to be in the CL and if you can’t get it you’re out.

Not that I necessarily disagree with it, I thought give him a season or two to try and they did and he couldn’t so let’s try something new, that’s ok by me. I just think the mess came from that over-confidence in what Wenger could do with no money year in and out that they didn’t push in any extra resources but the squad slowly deteriorated and was in shambles, and as such the vitriolic blame on Wenger is misplaced to a large extent.

Wenger did try to fix it asap exactly the way you want a manager to, he took the FM approach where you get rid of 10+ dross players every season and bought one or two stars, shifted out nearly the entire squad in 3 years but then he had a bum window and we missed out on CL, got knocked out by Atlético in the EL so couldn’t get back there and then it was gg. The one season we got Cech looks bad if you just look at our spending that summer but the money evens out over the previous and next season anyway so we couldn’t have spent more or less anyway, just differently, we were still on the casual spend-what-you-make £40-50m/season budget. The problem was ofc that then if you have a bum window and spend your allowance on players that don’t work out we’re vulnerable to that and here we are.

4 Likes

This is untrue though, Kroenke has only been 100% owner recently and had to also speak to the board even when he was majority shareholder because you cant make decisions without letting other shareholders know because they also have a say!

Wenger had full control on who and when a player was bought all of the shareholders have said he had full control and all of the shareholders were urging him to spend but he just didnt and that is the truth of the matter but you prefer to not see this because it doesnt fit with your agenda. If you hate stan fair enough but to chuck all the blame for this shithousery on him is just poor!

So you are telling me when we just bought cech that was because Kroenke told him he only 10m to spend…oh yeah the rest went on his ranch right? Do me a favour…as i say Stan should be paying more attention and it his club now so if he wants to make it successful which in turn makes it more valuable he will fix things up which he trying to get done but it will take time! So what do you suggest going forward because dwelling on the oast no matter how fucked up it aint gonna change nothing! He cannot invest his own money because time have changed FFP wont allow it and mancity are seemingly about to be punsished over their so called deals so that will fuck us further as we will not get into the cl!

So all we can do is change the staff buy astutely and build this shitshow up again into something promising for the future which is being looked into right jow by looking at the signings we are trying to get done you can see this and there is no way around this! Kroenke aint going nowhere that is a fact you can do all your marches and scream from the rooftops but do you think he gives a fuck, he moved the Rams to LA and the fans hate him for it…you think he gave a fuck but at the same time they didnt mind reaching the superbowl did they! Fact of the matter is Stan is Arsenals owner whether you love him hate him or wanna kill him and that aint changing so buckle up and you are forced to see where it takes us and i reckon it wont be as bad as everyone wants to make out!

Or because he’s so shit a longer contract makes it more difficult to get rid of him :wink:.

Because you posted two articles. No. I could dig some shit articles up too. I actually remember the very same Ken Friar saying we had 80m or some shit one summer and I of course remember the Danny Fiszmann 100m pound story.

I can totally accept at this stage that lots of people can view what went on in different ways but let’s not act like that evidence only cuts one way.

4 Likes

If you take the chronological order of all these things into consideration it absolutely fucking does. You’re right I maybe shouldn’t suggest what to discuss though, I can give you that lol

1 Like

Ken Friar was paying tribute to a departing manager in the article you posted. A man he probably loves quite a lot. Yes I think chronology is indeed important here.

1 Like

yes, he’s out of it now and we can spend what we make again so no point in not going public about it.

When players say yeah there wasn’t much money to spend so I left, and when the manager says I wasn’t given much money and the board says yeah we didn’t give the manager much money and the owner says yeah I’m not giving them any money, yet there is still ambiguity over how shit went down… there is literally no side of the party that has a different story to tell about what happened between 2006-2015. Except conspiratory Arsenal fans that is.

And you know very well that when we go out and say heyyy we have a lot of money to spend right before a transfer window that’s self-explanatory, otherwise you might just shut down shop, you need to show players you have ambitions or they’ll avoid us, but the truth is obvious as time goes by and we don’t spend much, eventually the sham (:chester:) is exposed for what it is. And I’m sure we could’ve technically spent three windows worth of money in one go if Messi said he wanted to come, that’s a safe investment, but certainly not to just reinforce a dying squad, no money for that.

4 Likes

Still a top four contender, which has basically been the place of Arsenal since Manchester City was established in '08, with a bad coach?

well we got top 4 and a CL spot the first 8 years since 08 which means more money. We only spend what we make. If you think this is bad, a few years of EL with less money will give us even less money relative to our competitors, it’s certainly not going to help the odds of getting back to the absolute top lol unless we change our policy somewhat.

2 Likes

Of course there is ambiguity. There’s no good reason we boarded cash. Which we started doing before Kroenke owned a single share. Which we were doing when he owned 10%, when he owned 30%, 67% and we are seemingly still doing now he is 100% owner.

Board members talking about money being available is not in any way whatsoever self explanatory. What other club does that? I could easily view it as them applying pressure to the manager to spend the money they worked so hard to get.

So yea. I get why people can see this different ways.

3 Likes

FWIW even SwissRamble questioned this on the pure financial/investment terms.

:xhaka:
Well just because we did it prior to Kroenke when it was a 2 horse race for the league doesn’t mean Kroenke isn’t the owner who makes the decision whether we’ll do it when he is the owner, later, when Chelsea and City have started spending like every day is christmas though does it.

And there is an obvious reason not to push in money when you get top 4 without it. You pretty much make the same amount of money for the near future whether you do it or not if you have a manager who consistently beats the rest of the teams there year in and out. Not predicting the long term effects of being cheap then is the problem.

2 Likes

If you just admitted that you too could see why people might see things differently we could all move on with our lives which is what you purportedly want.
:mustafi:

:xhaka: you still made me google what “purportedly” means. But yes lol you win.

1 Like

It’s not money which got Liverpool and Spurs to join the ‘alternative’ top four and make it a top six. That is the reason Arsenal has less margin for error. Or that what they did in those eight years isn’t enough anymore, but the bottom has risen.

Good. I can go back and give you your like for Chester smiley usage now.

they probably have had about the same margins for error as we do ever since the Emirates era, Liverpool keep falling back to 8th now and then even missing out on EL and managed to sell Coutinho and Suarez to Barca for almost £200m. scum hadn’t gotten a top 4 position in 20 years when they got back in it back in 2010 and also sold Bale for record money. But my guess is they probably don’t have much more than one or two windows of margin (bad buys) before they’re out of it again.

Remember United are underperforming at world record levels, they should be a top 2 team every single year if you combine their recent history and their spending, their brand size etc. They’ll stop giving up their top 4 spot for free eventually, then it’ll be even harder.

Pooch has done great with scum to get them back up there with little money and Klopp has great momentum with Liverpool at the same time which feelsbadman. We really need to either hit absolute gold with our transfers or managers or something somewhat soon or we will have to admit it is odds-wise out of our hands and we will have to rely on others to lose their spot rather than us taking it.

@shamrockgooner oh yes I felt that something was odd but I couldn’t put my finger on it :sweat_smile:

3 Likes