Arsenal Blame Pie

20% Dein Leaving
30% Board
20% Wengers transfer dealings
30% Wenger staying too long .

1 Like

Martin Taylor has to have some of the pie here.

Real sliding doors moment if the cunt doesn’t smash Eduardo’s leg and we go on to win the league. We are an entirely different club then.

It’s the players and Wengers fault that they broke because of that as opposed to using it as inspiration.

2 Likes

I blame everyone equally 100%. That includes all who ever made a decisive decision for this club in the last 15 years, they are all part of this calamity. Be it the managers, the board, the owners, the players. You can’t just single out one or two.

1 Like

*Dialect

1 Like

That’s a lot of fucking blame.

1 Like

That’s a lot of pie.

1 Like

I’ve actually forgotten what’s its like to not be shit.

Feels like this has gone on since 2016/17 and got worse each season since.

The only other times since then where I’ve felt good as an Arsenal fan was the shock FA Cup win against Chelsea in 2017 and the new manager bounce Emery had between August - December 2018.

Man I didn’t think we would ever have a worse season than we did in 2017/18 but here we are at least we stayed 6th for the majority of the season because the rest of the league was so bad. We don’t have that anymore sitting in fucking 11th. Pricks

4 Likes

Hmmmm who to blame?..

I blame the players mentality and style of football which was developed over the last few Wenger seasons. They think they are classy like Barca with a spoilt brat attitude. (Not all of them) Emery didn’t know what he was walking into and made it worse.

They’ve now completely forgotten how to play football seemingly. And the confidence is not there AND the Premier league has evolved! The pace and hunger and press and fact that we haven’t got an ounce of a leader in there. We still try and play walking possession football thinking we are goes. In reality they can barely string a pass together under press.

Our defence is still shit after God knows how many years that is criminal.

I blame the board for watching and letting it happen.

2 Likes

This has been the reason for our situation.
No one has been decisive.

Every decision is reactionary and made after waiting far too long.

No plan, no clue how to run a football club and everything is lacklustre and cheap.

Our board are useless, not fit for purpose and totally to blame.

What has Kroenke done since he bought us that could remotely be described as good?

1 Like

100% KSE, since the Kroenkes took majority shares we have been in decline, since they took 100% ownership we have been completely shit. Yes there are many other factors but at the end of the day the buck stops with them regarding senior appointments and money available.

1 Like

I’d go with like 50% Kroenke 50% Gazidis/three fids. 50% to Kroenke because while I don’t really have a problem with an owner who sits back and doesn’t meddle too much he or his sons is or are the one(s) that ultimately accepts the lack of urgency/inept shit going on below him. 50% to Gazidis/three fids (really Gazidis, because three fids is just a Gazidis artifact) because they are the ones in reality driving the club into the ground, Wenger and Emery and everything else bad sporting wise that goes on here are just the stuff of their incompetence/poor decision making.

2 Likes

Gazidis deserves a big big part of the blame.

The state of the squad is so, because of the absolutely terrible recruitment since he took over and before Sven/Raul came basically. 2015-2017 particularly.

Let’s look at who we got:.
2015 - Gabriel, Beilik, Cech
2016 - Elnenny, Xhaka, Mustafi, Perez
2017 - Bramall, Kolasinac, Lacazette

What a pile of shite.

Raul also gets some blame for seemingly being a proponent of Unai Emery, and definitely for not sacking him after the first year.

He can redeem himself though, and also is cleaning up the mess above as best he can.

Kroenkes get blame for letting this all happen/hiring dumbasses to run the football side of things.

Board, Dein get blame for selling their shares to Kroenke for a get rich quick thing.

Wenger gets blame for not saying anything and letting this go on, in exchange for the power he had.

But the main things for the current issues is 2015-2017 and Emery. I don’t know which hit is worse, but it’s a horrible KO blow that has a former top 4 team in 11th now.

5 Likes

Total misrepresentation of what happened. One of our shareholder’s literally sold his shares on his deathbed.

1 Like

I’m sorry but do people really still believe that Wenger just sat back and let someone else tell him who to sign lol?

7 Likes

Well, when Emery came we already were no longer a top four club, so that pretty much reveals the answer in my book. The recruitment in that period also cost us the easiest, best opportunity for a league title we’ll likely see in our lifetimes.

If 2015-2017 goes differently we probably never end up with Emery, the whole trajectory of the club would have been different.

7 Likes