Arseblog

What are these guys credentials to be considered an authority on Arsenal?

Catchy blog name.

1 Like

They are just blog writers.

He’s builded up his platform since 2006. You’ve got to applaud him tbh.

He done a history of Arseblog podcast during peak Lockdown which was really good

I’ve never seen them present themselves as such.

Just been doing it longer than most, and doing it better than most. The assessment of it being better is just my opinion, maybe it just fits my preferences, I’m sure there are many better for in depth tactical analysis. But he writes pretty well and can be pretty funny at times (though I found his schtick wore thin, but after ten years or so its no surprise I might find his occasional totally random and zany off on a tangent blogs a bit played out), which can stand him apart from a fair few other blogs.

He never really played the ITK game, in later years once his profile had already been fully established he’d sometimes say he’d heard things from people inside the club or close to it, but I think people generally took him at his word because he hadn’t spent years making shit up and pretending to have sources. The things he’d say he had heard or been told generally didn’t seem to be overtly clickbaity, “twitter ITK” stuff about spurious transfer rumours and the like. A version of his book was also sent out in the official members/season ticket holders pack as well, so even the club have embraced him to an extent that I don’t think I’ve seen them do with other bloggers.

I think it’s basically just he’s very popular and well established in Arsenal’s online sphere, and from that popularity he’s come to have a certain presence among the fans, or an “authority”, if you will. But I don’t think that’s how he tries to present himself, even if he must be aware that he has quite a lot of clout. I’ll add again I’ve not been a regular reader for a couple years now, so can’t necessarily give a totally clear assessment of things, but I was a regular reader for a very long time.

2 Likes

“builded”

That’s a word in Scotland.

1 Like

Not that this means he is anymore of an authority on Arsenal, but he does write the occasional column for ESPN about Arsenal.

Seems to have a fair amount of connections at Arsenal.

I scan his blog often for news updates.

Yes, his blogs during “interlulls” can be tedious.

1 Like

When it comes to Arsenal blogs, his is one of the best and most well rounded one, but that’s mainly personal opinion.

I believe Andrew (arseblog) has had alot of recognition and blog awards over the years.

Starting from about 11 years ago, I would read his blog often every morning and listen to his “Arsecast” podcast every Friday. I do it less but still once in a while. His podcast would be full of parodies/jokes and a recap of the past week, and his blog would be be very consistent and good for pre-match, post-match and general analysis.

Aswell as forums, there were other Arsenal blogs I would read years ago to get insights from other fans. All varying in quality, but Arseblog comes out top imo:

• Arseblog
  • Gunnerblog
  • 7am Kickoff
  • Goonerholic (RIP :cry:)
  • East Lower

I think Arseblog teams up often now with Gunnerblog on his podcast, and with the rise of twitter it’s easier to follow their thoughts but overall, his content is still regular and good to read.

Damn, that’s a blast from the past, had entirely forgotten about that despite reading it regularly for a few years. Is it still going?

I listened to his podcast yesterday and you can tell at the start and the end of it he’s really shaken by these allegations. He didn’t talk about it at all but he had none of his usual joviality. I’m not surprised, dickheads making him out to be a racist on the back of nothing much at all.

5 Likes

I am glad he did that. It’s best he doesn’t indulge and let it die down.

1 Like

I stopped reading his blog a few years ago. Had a quick search and his last post was in 2019, so it looks like he’s no longer blogging.

1 Like