Andy Cole

The one that got away

@Leper

3 Likes

To be fair, he was no Davor Suker

2 Likes

We completely fucked up letting him go.

Not as much as Newcastle.

Newcastle at least got big money for him though at the time. And he got his legs broke at United, by that Spurs wanker, which saw him be not quite as good as he was before

EDIT he was getting racial abuse while living around Newcastle. He couldn’t stay there. Newcastle got big money plus Gillespie. Good deal all in

1 Like

Andy Cole and Ian Wright - what might have been :grin::weary:

1 Like

He was a tea leaf. Best to sell.

Really explain ?

Nicked someone’s wallet while he was an Arsenal player. They had to sell.

1 Like

He was just being a lad. Kevin Campbell could be a saint and I’d rather have the better player

1 Like

So many young talents we let get away. Andy Cole, Keown, Ashley Cole, Gnabry, Malen.

1 Like

Bennacer can be added to the recent talent lists and to an extent, Reine-Adelaide too. We sold him for a low fee and Lyon paid decent money for him so whilst I don’t think he was top tier we could have cultivated his talents a bit more and sold for more profit. Or at least put him out on loan at French clubs for a little longer to display his talents.

2 Likes

The problem you have is convincing the player to re-sign with you long term when you’re loaning them out. We’ll have this problem with Saliba next summer

2 Likes

How Chelsea manage it I’ll never know. They seem to have squads worth of players out on loan at all times for years on end. Must be paying them way above average to begin with.

The problem you have then is having players on high wages who might not have worked out

Them winning major trophies regularly might have something to do with it.

1 Like

Cole was essentially a nothing player when he left Arsenal. He obviously went on and exploded and achieved great things but that took time we didn’t have and we negated the problem entirely and then some by bringing Wrighty in.

1 Like

Wright was in before Cole was sold. He’d just came back from the equivilent of a Championship loan where he scored 8 goals in 12 games. We favoured the bigger more powerful less skillful Kevin Campbell, which was a mistake. Cole and Wright would have been an epic partnership

1 Like