Anders Limpar

Yeah, I always love it when the celebs don’t understand and just answer the first question.

Personally, I think I would win the show every day of the week. I really want a Richard Osman dartboard. I just need to be semi famous.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Gunnersc0m/status/1677558133680402435?t=GKwOGWufXFUuDyLdC7XHtw&s=19

https://twitter.com/Gunnersc0m/status/1677584553349890048?t=Fty3zfk7SobEFdTamdQGBg&s=19

6 Likes

What a beautiful player . A genius of a player .
Loved AL . There’s all the bullshit of Beckhams goal from the halfway line Anders scored an even better goal from the half way line against Liverpool. What a fabulous visionary goal .

4 Likes

He actually wasn’t bad for the Blue Dippers when he went there, too, Ash.

Still had a bit of life left in him.

2 Likes

Why did George sell him?

He was often injured and didn’t get on with Graham so was sold.
It’s a shame because he was certainly one of the best wingers we’ve had at the club and got a few goals as well.

3 Likes

I’m sure @Ocke and @oompa are fans, too :slight_smile:

I believe there was a bit of a personality clash plus Limpar started picking up injuries.

2 Likes

This is what i thought and have read, they didnt get on

Such a shame to sell such a good player because of a personality clash

2 Likes

yes but not for his stint at Arsenal, I started watching Arsenal just after he left.

Absolute legend as part of the World Cup bronze medal squad of 94’ though :v:

3 Likes

That was some team, man.

Ravelli, Brolin, Andersen x 2, Dahlin.

Still staggers me how you didn’t get to Euro 96. Woulda put Sweden down as favourites for that one if we were working off the back of the World Cup.

2 Likes

That was some team.
Who was the Swedish player who piled on the pounds almost Neville Southallesque physique

2 Likes

I want to say Dahlin. Became a fat bastard at Blackburn

1 Like

Tomas Brolin

2 Likes

Yeah Brolin. Man’s probably have got his own personal area code and a couple of moons orbiting by now.

Met him and a couple of his Parma team mates on the street once as a kid around that time. Got their autogrpahs on a piece of paper which I spilled so much spinach on a while later you couldn’t save it so I had to throw it away lol

3 Likes

Brolin was in the Parma attack that also included Zola and Aspilla but Brolin is probably the most overweight player to play at the top level, yet was still top quality.

3 Likes

What a fitting typo

2 Likes

I started supporting Arsenal a couple of years before Limpar came here, but yes that accelerated my interest :sweat_smile: He scored the FA cup winner goal for Everton the season after he left.
This is one reason why I don’t like George Graham, the way he treated Limpar (and Brolin later in Leeds). Graham was a bully and some of the stories foreign players have told made me loose all respect for the man. Regardless of trophies.

2 Likes

I would only rate Southall, Andy Goram, Le Tessie, Maradona and Gazza above him in the weight department :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Brolin was truly WC 93-94 and was on the edge of a big money move. Sadly he broke his foot assisting a goal in a pointless Sweden game after the World Cup. That he even managed to play any kind football after that career ending injury is a miracle.

2 Likes

Hate to disappoint- it was that shitter Paul Rideout.

Almost 30 years since they won a trophy :laughing: