Alexis Sánchez

Sanchez was a little rat who pretty much played for himself towards the end of his Arsenal career and then pushed for a move to Manchester United as if they were in a seriously good position themselves lol

4 Likes

and played the piano

I loved Alexis…have one of his signed shirts in my collection. Never done it for Utd but was outstanding for us and was a joy to watch at the Emirates.

Fair enough boys.

I feel the good outweighed his last season.

He was one of my favourite arsenal players in the second Emirates Era so I still look back on fondly on his time.

2 Likes

Sanchez had some amazing moments but I genuinely think he peaked in his first season when his work-rate was so high and his off the ball movement still had the Pep influence. After season 1 I felt he became progressively more selfish as time wore on and also his defensive work rate started to suffer a little more too

I’ve got zero hate for Alexis. I understand why you’d have that hatred, and it was annoying that he moved to United but the lack of success means his time at Arsenal isn’t tainted.

4 Likes

After Ramsey does he not have the most Wembley goals for us?

I don’t hate him at all I just think he was a bit of a rat.

All in all he’s done nowhere near enough to come close to being hated by me. He had an amazing time at Arsenal and understandably lost faith in the teams direction. His post Arsenal career has been shocking

He had a random spurt lasting about a month at Inter where he looked somewhat decent again but he’s been shit at both post Arsenal clubs

Quite a fall from Grace but plenty predicted it given he basically never had a summer break lol

1 Like

The real hate is reserved for the fact we didn’t make money on him

4 Likes

very few things annoys me more about later reign Wenger

1 Like

I think Ozil and Sanchez completely falling off near the end in terms of mentality speaks volumes about Wenger’s decline too. OGS levels of laziness crept into the squad. It just wasn’t being managed appropriately.

4 Likes

If we sold him we would have spent mega money on Tommy Lemar

You mean the fact Ozil became a pro Fortnite player reflects poorly on Wenger’s man management skills?

2 Likes

Yeh that’s awful too but at least Lemar would still be a sellable asset, even if we had to take a bath on him by about 60 percent.

1 Like

Dont hate the guy either but he shouldn’t be embraced by Arsenal fans either. Should be treated with the same level of contempt and dislike from gooners like we have for RVP regardless of whether they succeeded at United or not

1 Like

We just done it on another highly rated ligue 1 winner two years later anyway :joy::joy:

Not sure pre-1998 but since then we have Ramsey, Alexis and Auba level on two goals each in final appearances. I think you would put Ramsey ahead of Alexis and Auba on the basis that he scored the winning goals in two finals (2014 and 2017)…still love that goal he scored in extra time against Hull…fantastic day out at Wembley on my birthday to come back from 2-0 down to win 3-2. Happy days!

2 Likes

Didn’t he get a couple in semi finals as well. Guessing that’s were this comes from.

Yes think so but then would consider alongside all FA Cup goals rather than final goals.

Not sure. I’m guessing with the semis being at Wembley though that’s the distinction being made for Wembley goals as such.
@Calum too adjudicate here. :thinking: Decision pending.