Alexis Sánchez

Good. Alexis stays and Barca get weakened :mustafi:

My main concern as well. Arsenal doesn’t need the lead story before every game (especially post Jan. transfer window) to be will he stay or go. It was a big distraction regarding the ham fisted way the club handled the Wenger contract situation last season. It will be worse when it involves the best player on the team.

However, kudos to Wenger if he does keep Sanchez for this season. If I were in his shoes, I would be making some additional signings and trying to convince Sanchez to stay by surrounding him with better talent (then again, he should have been doing that all along).

2 Likes

I agree.
But if Sanchez stays i’m not sure any marquee signings will be made.
I think the links with top quality players were made to replace Sanchez rather than to play with him.
Apart from Lacazette, I can’t see another massive signing, unless Sanchez leaves.

3 Likes

You are likely right. Ozil - Sanchez - Lacazette is as good or arguably on paper, the best attack in the league. Feels like the team needs another mid as counting on Ramsey/Xhaka for the full season is not a smart idea given Ramsey’s hamstring issues.

Sign the midfielder PRIOR to the season starting, even before shifting on some deadwood and I think that Arsenal would have a shot at the league.

Another day, another Alexis Sanchez story. Apparently he is now willing to take less money. So in 2 days he’s gone from being mega greedy and wanting £500,000 a week to willing to take half that if he can join Pep at City. The media have covered all bases on Alexis now, one of them has to be right.

7 Likes

Yeah, I said a few days ago this would have plenty of twists and turns and it hasn’t disappointed… plus, so much of the press is speculation and made up crap, who the f*ck knows what is going on?

I am not putting money on whether he says or goes, I know that much. :wenger2:

These papers are all a load of bollocks.

From what I saw of Wenger and what he said, he isn’t going this summer and for sure not to anywhere in England.

Sounds to me like PSG got told to fuck themselves.

That article is believable to me, though. I think he’d really like to join City (or PSG). PSG is more complicated cause of the money issue and their pursuit of Neymar, though. Only question is whether we cave in, which I’m inclined to believe we won’t based on Wenger’s consistent, categorical comments (which he will look very bad, even worse than the comments in the Nasri/Cesc summer, if he goes back on).

2 Likes

Talk about throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks, jesus.

2 Likes

Alexis to pull a fast one on everyone and join newly promoted Football League team, Forest Green Rovers instead :ramsey:

2 Likes

I think Sanchez will have to push through a move if he is to be sold. Probably the extent in refusing to play or something along those lines. Whilst he gives his all on the pitch, he is really stroppy and acts petulant at times. It’s not really beyond the realms of possibility to see this turn quite ugly.

Of course we don’t know what he wants to do, but if he were to stay he probably would’ve made it clear by now…

Fucking english media! Wenger has never been so clear.

I mean that’s all well and good, but at this moment in time the biggest obstacle to him getting a move is Arsenal. What he’d demand from his prospective new club might make them more likely to want him, but it does nothing to influence the stance Wenger has categorically and repeatedly taken.

1 Like

I’m listening to Wenger on this. Fuck the rest of them.

1 Like

So let’s get this straight, he won’t take 300k from us, or the same from Bayern/PSG because he wants to move to rainy Manchester to play in front of an empty stadium for less money for a club who hasn’t challenged for the title for a few years

Sounds legit. The only way this could be slightly true would be if the Arabs were paying extra tax free money under the table. But it’s the same bollox that the supposed ITKs on bluemoon were spouting and they’ve all gone quiet so I’m calling BS

9 Likes

Just saw a tweet from AFCamden that said that the club expect both Ozil and Alexis to sign new contracts.

1 Like

Hate the constant mood swings from Alexis

1 Like

Just as well he isn’t your partner then ey

2 Likes

Latino fucker.

2 Likes

Alexis is on his period constantly, just make your mind up :sanchez2:

2 Likes