Alexandre Lacazette

Great performance tonite, really brought the hustle.

Still shouldn’t be renewed though

Good stuff from him, still no contract please. Keep this up for potential suitors.

2 Likes

He can hustle like he has lately and give us handy contributions no doubt. Still won’t give us more than 15 goals though, that’s just not him at this level.

1 Like

This is a complete revelation to me and something I’ve never heard on this forum before.

1 Like

Amazing energy and really knitted the attack together. His positioning was excellent, was very efficient with the ball and was constantly helping us to progress quickly up the pitch.

His attitude was a joy to behold. Led from the front with his aggression and pressing.

9 Likes

I’ve been saying this for ages .
Lacazette is a good player but unfortunately Lacazette has too much quality for forum wannabes

3 Likes

LacaBOOOM

1 Like

Newcastle will need to do something flashy in the market. Just imagine the signing on bonus!

That doesn’t really benefit us :grin:

1 Like

Lacazette has a ceiling and we saw that ceiling tonight. He stitches play together pretty well but doesn’t have an engine to maintain that performance for 90 minutes.

He’s not a goalscoring threat when he’s focused on stitching play together. So what you end up with is either the useless Lacazette who does nothing but might get and take a chance to score. Or the handy Lacazette who does well at bringing others into play but probably won’t score and will be gassed 15 minutes into the second half.

Still needs to be binned. Still a piss away of £50m and still a signing we could largely have done without.

5 Likes

He already paid us back last season, despite being messed around by Arteta.

Scores 3 in 3 to start the season then inexplicably dropped against Sheff Utd and lost momentum.

Manages to get himself up to 13 goals (in 22 starts) with a good run from Christmas to April before again being randomly dropped to move Auba CF and hardly gets any minutes for the last 6 games.

Would’ve easily been his highest scoring season and comfortably over 15 goals without being the main penalty taker he was at Lyon.

Dude is never a 25-30 goal a season striker but breaking 15 and getting closer to 20 would be great. Then Auba still has to do his part and score 20+ as well.

1 Like

Was he signed the same summer that Morata and Lukaku moved? I’m trying to think who we could have signed instead.

Maybe Lemar? Maybe Aubameyang but idk he would have left Dortmund at that point.

And if he stayed healthy that first season, we never sign Aubameyang. We just continue with him and Giroud. What a weird alternate universe that would be.

Salah.

1 Like

Don’t you fucking dare.

3 Likes

Been integral to this improved system and turnaround in our form. He showed us what we were missing in the short term against Palace and has delivered it two matchdays in a row. It probably won’t last for too long and we’ll need the 3 in midfield eventually - but we need to make more of these adjustments throughout the season to stay competitive.

Definitely a good moment for the people who’ve loved 4-4-2 over the years.

1 Like

Spot on. Midfield 3 vs Liverpool is a must. Partey Sambi AMN or Partey Sambi Xhaka.

I can see that.

Big call to change a system that has us playing our most effective and dangerous football so far this season.

Don’t think we have anything to lose against Liverpool.

3 Likes

You have a point. That’s another way to look at it.

We will get a result at Anfield.
I can see us winning this game 1-2 .

1 Like