Alexandre Lacazette

My man Lacazette getting scapegoated once again.
People acting like he missed a sitter.
You wouldn’t last a day watching Benzema at Madrid.
tsktsktsk…

He did. It was an awful miss.

1 Like

That cross wasn’t that easy to simply tap it in.
Tierney was well in the box, he shouldn’t have given the cross that much height and power.
Laca was caught by surprise, you can see it from the way he starts positioning himself.

By the way, that should’ve been a penalty. Haven’t seen many people call that out.

1 Like

On a Football Twitter note,
This lad was a known Laca stan. Laca was following him.

He finally saw the light yesterday and dropped Laca. Laca has now unfollowed him. Seems like Alex spent some time reading about how shit he is on Insta and Twitter.

Sorry…Lacazettes vo2max as a teenager is now a matter of public record? Wtf?

1 Like

Why the fuck was he following some random fan anyway.

I don’t get fandom twitter at all.

1 Like

Laca is incredibly active on social media. He tends to like a lot of posts on social media, even positive posts by fans towards him.
Must be awkward as fuck when he sees people on his timeline bashing him. :no_mouth:

You can like the posts but why follow haha. Why does he care what Steve from Islington tweets about

2 Likes

This sounds like hair gel haha

1 Like

It’s an old tweet from a guy who has alot of insider info about Lyon’s former players when they were there. This tweet has resurfaced as a reminder of his lack of stamina/endurance.

I remember when Wenger used to hook Laca off in the 2nd half of matches often, guess he was onto something :joy: :worried:

He’s not built for what Arteta wants in his CF with this current system, it’s both mental (he recovers badly from misses) and physical. Not his fault now, Mikel needs to build the attack around Auba instead.

1 Like

I just hate his lack of movement in and around the area and how slow he is at times. People harp on about his link up play, but is it really that good ?

1 Like

It’s not.

6 Likes

I’d rather watch Giroud flick 10 times a game and make the odd successful flick on that this idiot.

5 Likes

Not really.
For 60m I would expect his link up play to be more like Bergkamp than what he has shown.
I don’t know what Wenger saw in him to pay that sort of money but, what ever it was, it’s not much better than what we had.

I do agree that Auba should be playing as the striker and not Laca, but in Lacas defence, I reckon any striker would look shit playing up front for us at the moment, as we are truly atrocious attacking wise…Bloody hell, even Thierry would struggle in our line up and formation at the moment.

1 Like

The absolute car crash this club is was summed up by buying two 50M strikers in the space of 6 months and never wanting to play a front 2

7 Likes

He needs to be better at something. His game is a lot of 6.5s across the board. I always found Giroud’s link up play to be massively overrated but at least he was good in the air. He’d offer something at corners and win a few duels with CBs. Welbeck had that pace and that stamina. Auba has the pace, the runs and the finishing.

Laca isn’t quick enough to outrun anyone, strong enough to wrestle anyone, tall enough to win headers, clinical enough to scare anyone, fit enough to press consistently or skillful enough to trick anyone.

He’s just alright across the board but that’s not enough for a number 9.

4 Likes

What’s good about the ball bouncing off Laca’s shins whilst he twerks on opposition CBs?

8 Likes

Harsh. This is why I’ve stopped going after Laca now because what’s the point.

The fault lies with Arteta.

1 Like