Alexandre Lacazette

He has no first touch of any note and subsequently makes the keeper decision for him.

Iā€™d be fuming if I was Ceballos, terrible miss.

I have no proof of this, but I reckon Ozil would make a better ā€˜ā€™Arteta strikerā€™ than Lacazette. Itā€™s a shame his intensity when out of possession means heā€™s not an option there.

Obviously other factors contribute to his non-selection.

The latest episode has redeemed his character a lot imo. Heā€™s slowly becoming more three dimensional.

But yeah, Lacazette should absolutely be sold. I donā€™t care if heā€™s Aubaā€™s best friend, we need someone else up there.

Rumors that Roma inquired but the price was too high. They were reportedly going to spend 25m on Milik before the deal fell through so I would imagine they would have that for Laca too.

I think Iā€™d sell for 25m and just roll with Eddie or Auba central (plus Gabi coming back mid year and maybe you can convince Balogun to stay) if that would allow us to get both Aouar and Partey.

1 Like

He didnā€™t need to move to the left at all, where the keeper was standing it gave him the chance to aim and shot first time he made it easy to save.

Sauce

Still think he isnā€™t good enough. Had three good chances last night, and nearly fucked them all up.

2 Likes

Even the one he scored he royally fucked up, scuffed the living shite out of it. Was really lucky that went in

1 Like

I donā€™t get why he ran that far offside either. Itā€™s almost like he knew the defender would bungle it

2 Likes

was well annoyed when he missed that last night, could have got us a scrappy draw

Keep him

With Laca, Bellerin, and Xhaka in the same team Arteta has worked wonders to get some of the results he has actually. If Arteta wasnā€™t such a dumb cunt and got rid of these wasters the sky is the limit.

1 Like

Looks like the real ā€˜what ifā€™ is if we signed Vardy.

The criticism Laca is getting for not scoring that chance is so over the top.

In our two PL games against Liverpool this year weā€™ve had 5 shots on target and scored 3 goals, lacazette scoring two of those.

And people are getting angry that it wasnā€™t 4 goals from 6 on target. Do people simply not accept the fact that scoring goals is about creating more than one chance to score from?

The biggest issue is we were completely out played for the entire match home and away, struggle to get any kind of foothold in the game and concede chances for fun whilst not creating any.

6 Likes

Need this man back into the side.
Said it before, Aubaā€™s play is tremendously enhanced when Laca is on the pitch.
He knows him the best. In fact, both of them know each others game the most and how to get the most out of each other.

Aye Auba was complete shit at BVB until Lacazette joined them.

9 Likes

Well, I donā€™t consider Bundesliga a top league and BVB was a shambles before he came.
Laca is essential to get the best out of Auba. Weā€™re closing in 3 years now, no further proof needed.

Dortmund won the League twice before he arrived bro. Are you a troll? Seriously?