Alexandre Lacazette (signed!)

If this guy comes (our know our chances are slim to none) we can kiss Mbappe goodbye, because the only advantage that we can give is allowing Mbappe to play as striker…we take up that striker position with this guy it means we will never get Mbappe. I guess we are all just longingly dreaming we can snag him anyway. Really sucks though i just see his movement and pace etc reminds me so much of Henry and i think he would be perfect for us.

1 Like

Not necessarily he could potentially be Alexis’s replacement for all we know.

That could be even fucking worse…i am not convinced by him replacing Giroud but replacing sanchez!!

4 Likes

:smile: my bad I should of quoted you, I was talking about Mbappé replacing Alexis.

oh lol, i guess that would soften the blow somewhat

1 Like

Could be a solid signing or could be another in our collection of “decent players” leaving us 2 or so WC players from proper contention… again…

Its too bad we didn’t get one or two of the current crop of emergent superstars just a year or two earlier. Maybe that summer we only got Cech.

1 Like

Chelsea and United after him? He is WC now :hipster:

1 Like

Yawn…this guy isn’t mercurial enough to overcome getting Wengered. It’s not so much for me that we need world class. We just need someone good that is cunty enough to not change their game for Wenger.

1 Like

No because they do that just so they he won’t come here. Not because he is world class.

1 Like

@JamesOlley

Arsenal are interested in Lacazette and don’t see the 60M€ asking price as a problem. Lyon willing to sell

Are we supposed to be excited about this ? :eyes:

1 Like

I’d be surprised if anything excited you tbh.

8 Likes

Signing Mpabbe would :eyes:. Hell even Auba, but to be honest I expect nothing of the sort when the manager gets offered a multi million extension despite his failure of a campaign. It will be as you were at Arsenal for another few years at least…

2 Likes

In the current climate probably a fair price for a player with his record. Even if that record is inflated. I don’t think Lacazette is going to take us forward, but I wouldn’t mind it for the sake of change.

I think the only signings we are going to get are players that are different rather than better.
Lacazette isn’t much of an improvement on Giroud, Welbeck or Perez but he is different.
It means we will have four options as striker than just three, even if none of them are world class.
Let’s face it, we aren’t going to attract anyone like Aubameyang, Lukaku, Griezman, Mbappe, Lewandowski etc, so maybe we should be grateful that we seem to be the only top club interested in him.

FInally you get it :wink:. If Lacazette comes I think chances are pretty good Giroud is leaving btw. Unless he’s an Sanchez replacement.

Please, no.
Losing Sanchez and possibly Chamberlain and Giroud from our attacking line up, only to be replaced by Lacazette is the sign of a big club down sizing.

1 Like

Giroud , welbeck or Perez haven’t scored anything like the magic mover of goals lacazette has over the last 3 years , maybe combined at a guess. How is he not an upgrade ?

cause he’s not a “name” snob behaviour :wink:

Or the amount of goals :eyes: