Alexandre Lacazette

Perception-wise, Lacazette’s real enemy is Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. They actually combine together nicely at times, but in any beauty contest there’s only one winner. Aubameyang is a former African Player Of The Year whose ego and charisma make him an obvious leading light. There’s a Batman and Robin dynamic in that relationship and Lacazette is clearly the support act.

But maybe he’s the better player – or, at least, perhaps he’s the more useful and dependable of the two? Arsenal certainly look like a better side when Lacazette is on the pitch but, beyond the intangibles, he’s also been more productive in the biggest games. Aubameyang has just one league goal against top-six opposition from open play this season (plus two penalties against Manchester United and Tottenham), Lacazette has three.

At the time of writing, the latter has also either scored or assisted in eight of his last nine Premier League games and has inarguably been fundamental to Arsenal’s drive towards one of the remaining top-four places. While nobody would argue that Aubameyang is a fabulously gifted player with more spectacular attributes, Lacazette has probably been the more important of the two – at the least, he has provided the more reliable contribution.

Nice opinion piece from @Calum :callum:

9 Likes

Lacazette is just as good as Aguero, just not in as good a team

Come at me.

3 Likes

It wouldn’t be fair to pick on someone who evidently has learning difficulties :yum:

3 Likes

Can I come at you with a hug? :blush:

7 Likes

Yes you can. But Jakey cannot :bellerin:

3 Likes

Lacazette > Auba

Come at MM

I can’t now cos what you just said has killed my boner

Lacazette is amazing. Aguero is slightly more amazing.

Well fuck off and support Man city then :henry2:

2 Likes

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/vp/919937919ac2293c168b5c20fcdec09b/5CA8C317/t50.2886-16/57098568_377332576187645_9097255456690134372_n.mp4?_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com

In all its glory…

:auba: > :laca: > :soccer: > :goal_net: > :two: - :zero: :red_circle::white_circle:

6 Likes

That’s deadly.

Suck my dry sandwich :henry2:

11 Likes

:arteta: :arteta: :arteta:

Eh? You got something strange going on over there I want no part of it :kos2:

LOL YES.

:jake2:

2 Likes

Tbh I’m starting to understand why AbouCuellar would delete a picture of himself after posting it.

I’m being fucking cyber bullied here and I can’t even complain to admins cos they’re the ones who enabled it by turning me into an emoji without my consent.

I’m leaving this forum to try and find a forum where everyone is treated with a minimum level of respect. This wouldn’t happen on Arsenal Mania.

16 Likes

What are you having for lunch today?

9 Likes

Please stop cyber bullying fellow members.

8 Likes

Cocky

1 Like

ArsenalMania is in a horrible state right now. Your only choice is to accept the sandwichGate and continue on OA.

1 Like