Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Hahaha fuck the haters ox, well deserved. Can’t let Santi’s future replacement leave on a free

Like people going OMG HES GOT NO END PRODUCT SELL HIM. He’s a fucking wing back.

It’s literally the daily fucking mail reporting this people. You are a joke a of a human of thats the sort of literature you base your opinion on.

1 Like

If we offer Ox good money and he still turns it down then we can at least say we tried. I’d personally hate to lose him but if he makes it clear he is not interested in a new contract then by all means sell him.

But for god sake Arsenal please re-invest the money immediately and do not wait for January when our season could easily be dead in the water.

1 Like

If true the club seems really desperate to hold onto him knowing that losing him and Alexis/Özil next summer will be a right PR nightmare. Will be interesting to see how this turns out in the next couple of days.

2 Likes

Multiple sources releasing at the same time means the papers have been briefed. Aidy Ward, who also represents Berahino and Raheem Sterling, is well known for tactics like these and generally causing disruption at clubs through his client’s behaviour.

1 Like

£180k pw is the final straw. To quote Troops, ‘get Wenger the fuck out’

4 Likes

Is Theo on 140k? If so give the same to Chambo. If he rejects it then fuck him off.

Might seem much for him but such is the market now.

Pretty sure when It comes to renewing any player in around he first team of top 6 clubs contract these times it’ll be closer to the 180k mark for normal players and 300k for players like ozil, The oxs contract renewal has just come around at a lucky time for him if he takes the offer, although he will probably get similar at Chelsea or Liverpool

I don’t think it is the market right now. I have no doubt it would put Ox in the highest top 5 highest paid full backs/wing backs of all time bracket that’s for sure.

Walker, the second most expensive full back ever, isn’t even on 180k.

1 Like

I get that but you cant compare all time to whats happening right now IMO, its all relative. Young player showing genuine capabilities as a modern day wing back. Has all levels of experience. Has only 1 year left. I bet Chelsea would give him 140k a week.

180 k for the Ox is just another example of football going mad.

1 Like

Not really. Will be in the discussion of top 5 RB’s/RWB’s in 6 months.

2 Likes

In what world does Ox deserve £180k a week?!?!

This has to be a joke.

6 months of playing in the wrong position (in his personal opinion) which is why I think he’ll be off.

What happens when Wenger reverts back to 4 at the back? As a fail safe, Wenger needs to know he could then yield around 10+ goals from Ox on the wing for Arsenal. And given his output over the last 6 seasons? I’m not sure anyone can guarantee those numbers.

If the figure is true, it really is another thud in the testicles of this one big mess of a transfer window.

This is an issue I have too. I can see Wenger reverting back at some point, in which case, Ox will be surplus to requirements or will be moved into various positions where we know he hasn’t fared as well.

Paying someone £180,000 to dip in and out of the first team? Nah. Would rather pay Atom and Humber £180,000 a week to build their dog empire. They won’t want to leave London when they’re laying on their gold- thread mattress while wearing their 52-carat diamond collar and crown :sunglasses:

Wenger isn’t paying ox 180k a week

I don’t understand why people believe he’s one of the few players in the world capable of playing wingback just because Wenger shoved him there 15 games ago. If you judged Coquelin on the 10-15 games he played at DM after coming back from loan you might think he was a very good DM.

He’s one of the few players given the chance to have a run of games there in a big team. If you gave every right winger / right back in the world a run of games there I’m betting some of them would do a good job. If Moses and Ox can do it I’m guessing it’s not that hard for the right type of player. There’s certainly less responsibility to be outstanding in any way.

This is a position that didn’t exist for 98% of Wenger’s tenure and now we’re going to be stuck with this formation forever, just to get him in the team? Or stuck with him getting minutes on the wing or in midfield?
Even if it’s not £180k I’d be surprised if it was anything under £130k, which is still a lot. He’s nowhere near a £130k winger or midfielder.

6 Likes

He can adapt and learn the regular RB spot, it’s not that much of a stretch.

2 Likes

Take the money and sell him - get players in who want to play for Arsenal and be here !! Its not that difficult really !!

3 Likes

Willing to offer that amount of money for him and not for Alexis and Ozil? :xhaka: