Albert Sambi-Lokonga (Loan: Luton)

What about his interview where he slammed Martinez for not picking him and saying he was disgusted?
@shamrockgooner

Not Arsenal so not relevant.

Can’t remember exactly where it came from might have been from there, i just remember it being said that he is really upset that he wasnt playing enough. People in general were down on him for him acting like that.

Maybe i have it wrong about him, but he seems to have an ego and attitude bigger than his talents, him walking off down the tunnel seems to be poor form too. Unless it of course he has an injury or something…we tried to get of players like this from our squad.

He could be just sad he’s wasted another chance.

All that really matters is he isn’t good enough. The rest is just noise. Moves are already being made, he’ll go in the summer and he might even put in a half decent performance or two in the mean time.

1 Like

for the goal he kind of just walked away, terrible by him really

Not a fan but there’s a collective fail on that goal tbf.

4 Likes

Tomiyasu, Saka and Lokonga. I do think Tomiyasu has the least blame on that though as he should be there and he is.
Saka naively went in to put more pressure leaving Ake open but Lokonga just ball watches that situation. As soon as he saw Saka going for Grealish he should have closed in that space.
If you see it from start to finish though it looks even more damning on Lokonga, from the time Alvarez gets on the ball and has a shot to the time Ake has an opening for a shot, he just looks totally out of it.

Didn’t think it was that terrible from Lokonga, could have maybe closed the space a bit but for a lot of that play he looked like he was more or less where he should be. Problem seems to be more around his intensity.

2 Likes

Like I said, we should have sold high on him last summer

He’s a big reason our title challenge could collapse but that goal tonight was not all his fault.

1 Like

Initially it was, left Alvarez in acres of space. We never recovered from that shot and bang.

Saka in the second phase of it is the one to blame, they tried to get Mikel to name him in the post match but he said the mistake without naming the player. Clear as day the error anyway.

1 Like

Yeah Saka leaves the angle for the pass. That’s the main moment for me.

Yes, but Lokonga who has a clear view of that space being left uncovered just ball watches until it’s too late.

Mistakes will happen but that’s why you have cover. Holding fucked up a couple of times as well today but Turner, Tomiyasu and Gabriel covered him. That’s how it works.

I have zero issues with mistakes as long as you show the right commitment in. You can’t see it with Sambi.

1 Like

Guendo actually has talent and a winners mentality. Bambi is the definition of a pre-madonna.

1 Like

How do you figure? From a three second clip in the doc when Eddie roasted him for sulking?

His lazy effort every time I’ve watched him play. The fact that he’s had ample opportunity but has never shown the desire to hold a spot in the squad. Those things along with other players reactions to him.

Everyone’s pulling their weight even average players like Elneny who puts in all his effort when he comes on even if he’s no where near the likes of a Thomas Partey.

Lokonga will regret not putting in effort for a squad that grew around him and is competing for the title.

By now, he should know his role and execute it properly. He still runs around like he had no instructions.

1 Like

Yup, he is really taking things for granite. Players like him are a diamond dozen these days and many never get a chance at a top club. He needs to stay humble and always work hard cos it’s a doggy dog world out there and another guy will always be chasing his spot.

Maybe us getting rid of him will be a blessing in the skies in terms of his career and help him build that mentality he needs.

3 Likes

He’s arrogant no doubt. But also talented.
Needed to be loaned out in the last season, now it’s too late obviously.

At the right club I’m pretty sure he’ll do better than Guendouzi atm.

Let’s just hope we’ll manage to get Caicedo, and we could maybe get a nice fee for Lokonga in the summer as a PL winner :+1:

Bambi is a track on Prince’s eponymous 1979 album. Given that her career didn’t fully kick off til she signed a record deal and released Holiday in 1983, Bambi is literally pre-Madonna.

2 Likes