Albert Sambi-Lokonga (Loan: Luton)

Not sure about that conclusion. It’s only like 17m Euros up front, that’s not a particularly significant fee.

1 Like

That’s my fear. Development player I’m on board with but when you hear stupid money for Ramsdale and nothing substantial on midfield replacement it makes me wonder.
Tbh it’s just buying into Twitter nonsense that probably triggers most of this shit, even though we all know we shouldn’t we end up doing so mostly.

6 Likes

Ahhhh, my bad, misread your comment as you saying this kind of fee means he’s gonna be a key part of the set up.

Dangers of posting so soon after waking, would have thought I’d learn my lesson by now :grin:

1 Like

Been there done that loads of times. Usually after finding out there’s no milk for coffee or cereal in the morning.
Toxic posting is therapy. :wink:

1 Like

I think it makes sense to pick up the likes of VVD, Suarez, Bissouma etc before they come to the PL when they’re cheap. I hope that’s what we’re doing here.

Lokonga makes more long passes per game than anyone in our team. He’s got more pace than any of our midfielders. He wins ground duals at 66% compared to the 52% of Ceballos and Xhaka. His take on success is just about on par with Partey. And he looks quicker than any of our midfielders

He’s from ‘only’ the Belgian League but it’s not like he’s extremely inexperienced either.

To a degree and in terms of being a development player fine.
This is the Belgian League too, so we can be careful with some of them stats.
I’m sure we and others will have taken others with these credentials and they haven’t been as good as we hoped.
That’s just the potential factor and it can go either way but I’d definitely be weary if he’s being ear marked as a starter with what we currently have as a supporting cast

We are actually paying more for this guy from an inferior league than we’re getting for Guendouzi who has shown he can cut it in two big leagues :rofl: This fucking club, man :grin:

1 Like

Not a Guendouzi fan but that’s a relevant point.

2 Likes

1 Like

Well that’s a 3rd choice CM and a back up LB all but done.

Just need a starting CAM, CM, CB and RB now.

5 Likes

Truth, it’s nice but they’re just making up the numbers.

1 Like

Things starting to roll now. White shouldn’t be far behind. I assume backup GK and starting CM are next. They’re gonna leave AM(Maddison/Odegaard) for later in the window per Wheatley.

RB I think it’s up in the air. Bellerin looks set to leave but we still have 3 other players that can play there. The AMN situation is an interesting one to follow in preseason. It all depends on him. If he and Mikel can work something out we won’t sign anyone, else we might sell him and get the Leipzig lad who has a similar profile.

2 Likes

What’s Wheatley on about? This makes no sense, why wait?

They’re gonna wait on Odegaard as the situation at Madrid is always volatile. I assume Leicester will be playing hardball early on if we went for him now anyway. They’ll try to squeeze as much as they can for him.

Latest reports suggest that we want to focus on outgoings now. We’ll probably work on GK and CM in parallel.

If this is the case it’s dumb. It’s pretty clear Odegaard is staying, said as much himself.

How does Leicester’s position change later in the window when Arsenal will be more desperate to get someone in? They don’t need to sell and the player isn’t rocking the boat

1 Like

It’s great that the club have learned from the mistakes in previous windows.

We have realised that it’s far better to prioritise the important and difficult transfers of a third choice CM and cover for LB before doing the more straight forward transfers of first team players that we need. :grinning:

1 Like
3 Likes

Swear it’s been about to be completed for a month haha

3 Likes