Albert Sambi-Lokonga (Loan: Luton)

Baldy Rob

Nah, you guys trusted this guy?

football.london goes to the bin now that Wheatley is gone.
Kaya ain’t bad but it’s only a matter of time before he jumps ship too.

Low-key deserved with that shite of a site.

The Bengemeister left them last year too. Sad to see.

1 Like

Fair play to Football.London, they give people real opportunity to move up to bigger and better things

Being a sports writer is a very tough gig

1 Like

Roberto. No judge for me

I think Sambi has the potential to play either role (8 or a 6).

I think for safety, he could be used as an 8 where the defensive responsibility isn’t so scrutinised. Once he’s shown some worth there, that’s when I would think about moving him deeper.

This is all ideal world scenarios. One thing is for sure, the early stage games in the cups will provide him a launch pad to see how well he fairs.

Charles Watts used to work there too. He’s reasonably reliable as well.

Watts he doing now?

4 Likes

Goal

Remember?
I wonder if Kompany will be interested in signing him for Burnley.

2 Likes

Would you sell or loan?

Just for sake of argument let’s pretend a sale makes our money back.

2 Likes

Playing at a decent Championship side on loan, under a Belgian coach that knows him and I would guess believes in him, personally I’d be all for that.

2 Likes

Totally against a loan move he’s more than old enough to be playing for us next season.

He’s had his one year bedding in process no excuses for next year. Either he’s good enough or not.

7 Likes

Loan and re-evaluate next summer. I think there is an expectation for Sambi to step up next season though. I think he’ll get plenty of game time with the tight schedule.

Expecting Airpod Albert and co to work a lot with him during preseason to emulate Partey’s role.

We need him here, as we have European commitments, if he doesn’t impress in his second season we just need to sell.

Arteta does not rate this dude at all. When Elneny is consistently starting ahead of you down the stretch serious questions have to be asked.

He wasn’t getting game time last season and we’re adding CMs in the window, he won’t see the field much at all in the coming year. Loan would do him well

1 Like

:arteta:

4 Likes

He’s clearly gone from above Elneny to below Elneny in the pecking order though. If he’s not impressing this coach right now it may be hard for him to do it over the coming season. I think if we’re expecting him to be make or break this season we’ll most likely be disappointed.

If we get Tielemans and Xhaka doesn’t leave then we probably have enough bodies without him. When Elnenys one year deal ends we’d have a player that’s hopefully a bit more ready for action.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think we’ll know a lot more when we see whether or not Arteta plays him ahead of Elneny when we need to rotate in the fall.

If he isn’t beating out Elneny by next fall, its not looking good for him. But I’m not sure whether or not that is the case. Arteta didn’t trust him at a critical time in the run in last spring but that doesn’t mean he won’t get another chance.

1 Like