Albert Sambi-Lokonga (Loan: Luton)

I disagree but this is brilliant lmao

1 Like

All I’m saying, if we want a midfielder that’s been playing in the PL for years now, is 23, a Brazil international, knows Arteta, he’s ready, willing and cheap, and his name is Douglas Luiz.

1 Like

He’s shit.

2 Likes

I don’t want to write him off completely but I doubt he makes it here based on what I’ve seen

Doesn’t look top quality, he’s so below the level you’d expect for a young talent to be to get signed and then retained by a top team for a whole season.

2 Likes

He’s a baller.

On a serious note @DavidHillier, why do you say he’s shit? Is it just for the laughs or have you watched him and think he isn’t good?:sweat_smile:

For me, he’s had a great season despite the various struggles of Villa. I wasn’t really a big fan of him before this season but he completely turned that around.
Some of the stuff he does are bloody outrageous at times, similar to Partey.

I think he’s going to have a breakout season next year. There’s raw talent there and I think we’ll see what he’s made of next year

3 Likes

I don’t understand how you can be making competitive Belgian squads and captaining a club team 20 years old unless you have something about you. He’s been woeful this calendar year, but I’d expect much for from him next season. We might need him to start 20-25 games next season with us playing in Europe.

2 Likes

In the league cup!?

He ain’t touching major PL mins

1 Like

Incoming breakout year based on a season of looking inadequate at this level ha

@YJYUX: dope avatar man!

1 Like

He looked bad recently because Arteta threw him in the deep end expected him to do the Partey role. Partey is a one man midfield, with Xhaka almost the passenger who mops and gives options around him, also pushing forward a bit more because of the space Partey creates.

Should have been put alongside Xhaka and had a more traditional double pivot system there.

Elneny and Xhaka are blending well in midfield now as that is how they are being used, as a midfield duo who combine and share responsibility.

No idea why Sambi wasn’t used like that with Xhaka.

I also believe in this kid’s talent. He has got the passing range, he’s got the scanning, he’s got the touch. Needs to be developed alongside Partey rather than only in his absence.

2 Likes

Here we have a winner for the betting thread.

4 Likes

Excused this season but next season he really needs to start grabbing those opportunities by the scruff of the neck.

The excuse “he wasn’t supposed to play this much” won’t be viable next season.

1 Like

Well doesn’t that depend on the squad we have next season? lol

Viera regen here we goooooo

:arteta2:

Like a new signing FC. :rofl:

How the fuck is this worthy of an article, I hate the football world this time of year

5 Likes

Those receipts. Martinez, Henry,Kompany :joy:

Fucking Kompany said he’d be the next Yaya, and I stopped listening to Henry when he said Gervinho would murder defences in the EPL.

I really don’t know why Merse is the only one that ever gets clowned for these type of statements because his hit rate is probably better than the likes of Henry, Kompany, Neville etc.

1 Like

Martinez?