Ainsley Maitland-Niles

I will take that. Siu.

2 Likes

No market for 20 million pound on fringe players now.
11 if your lucky over a couple of years.

We’ll only come close to that amount if he performs well on loan.

And then he went to WBA.

1 Like

Still boggles how we turned down around £20mil to barely play him and then loan him to fucking West Brom.

This is what happens when you give noobs like Edu and Arteta the keys, Arteta should have been overruled when he said he wanted to keep him. Exactly where was AMN going to see minutes? No nous at all.

4 Likes

Playing him at LB instead of Cedric would have been a good start. I mean, did we not know Tierney has a bad injury record? Of course it looks like AMN fancies himself as a midfielder so that may have had something to do with it but still you could even question the decision to give both Willock and Elneny chances over him in the midfield.

1 Like

I think if AMN was as adamant about being a CM in the summer then we should have sold him.

I wonder if he got caught up in the feelgood factor after the fac and cs wins, and said he’ll work on being a FB, being a indecisive stoner.

It’s really annoying either way.

If this is what Arteta has been seeing from Ainsley in training then he was perfectly justified for not giving him time.
Very bad game from him, probably the worst player on that pitch.

He start in CM? Really doesn’t surprise me to hear that’s the case if so.

4 Likes

Not even sure it’s about the position.
He’s just way too nonchalant. This used to be biggest gripe with him when he broke through under Wenger. He changed that under Emery and Arteta which essentially made me a fan of his.
If he’s reverting back to that now out of his own volition then he’s ruining any progress he’s made the last couple of years.

1 Like

AMN as a CM ain’t it. I guess it’s his life so he can do what he wants but he is making sure his career will be a level or so lower than it could be.

There’s a reason Leicester and Southampton wanted him as a FB.

5 Likes

That reason being they’ve hardly seen him play CM, neither have we to a great extent. Let’s see if he can get some propped game time in that position. Rather keep his versatility within the squad and get rid of Elneny and Cedric.

Thing is good squad level utility players are always very useful to have in the team. Not sure what’s up with AMN but he clearly has the talent, not sure why he hates being a full back/wingback so much though.

Oh Ainsley. At least this centre-mid experiment is happening in Birmingham rather than here.

2 Likes

Agreed, kid needed a reality check, He can do whatever he wants with his career, if he thinks he can make it in CM, he better get ready to play in the championship, because none of the PL teams will give him a chance there after West Brom.

6 Likes

If he kept the same attitude from the FA Cup final where he was outstanding, he’d be starting over Cedric right now.

He’s living in the clouds if he thinks he can be a top CM in the Prem.

4 Likes

Great game, fair play to him.

2 Likes

Should have scored ffs, playing very well again.

1 Like

Fair play to him. If you don’t believe in yourself then nobody will.

8 Likes

Don’t see it happening for him here.