Ainsley Maitland-Niles

The way it’s progressing and how we are using him we really probably should have taken the 20 mill.

Could have sold Xhaka, AMN and Lacazette for a combined 60-70 mill and put it towards some much needed creative talent.

6 Likes

Jack Grealish!!!

2 Likes

I’ve been very reluctant to say it but Saka imo has been as underwhelming as Willian when it comes to justifying a starting spot in recent weeks.

3 Likes

That’s a ridiculous thing to say mate. That would constitute as sensible squad management and we all know nothing Arsenal does makes much sense at the moment.

6 Likes

I too would like to see AMN sold for the betterment of our collective futures.

1 Like

I just feel like he needs to be given a proper run in the team. I’m not going to shit on Bellerin because going forward he has been ok but honestly he has been a major defensive liability. Responsible for the two goals against Liverpool, for the one against City, a few others I can’t remember off the top of my head and one of the Villa goals. No right back should be getting tossed about like that.

If you look at the minutes it’s clear that Arteta is starting to play favourites.

7 Likes

Crazy that Partey has more PL minutes than Pepe. Says so much about how badly Arteta has managed Pepe.

7 Likes

Yeah exactly and everyone then wonders when he will come good? Not going to happen on the bench right? Plus considering the amount of minutes he’s had and that we don’t play to his strengths I think he’s been ok.

2 Likes

No wonder this kid is not happy.
Even a newbie Partey has more minutes.
Willian, Saka, Laca, Elneny, Holding, Xhaka proved nothing to cement more minutes than AMN.

1 Like

I genuinely feel that Arteta Guendou relationship might be the beginning of the end. You could see it with Ozil Emery too. I just think it’s really bad form that a manager would not choose to nurture a talent that could be here for ten years when as a manager you may only last a year.

Yes Guendou should have been better but he’s only a kid, Arteta’s shown mild narcissism in this scenario and it doesn’t sit right with me.

Also I’m not trying to come down too hard on Mikel I’m sure people remember I was a great outspoken fan of him and Per back in the day. It’s just some things he does have truly irked me. Screams hubris unfortunately.

6 Likes

Thinking Pepe might be a shining example of Arteta’s novice level. He’s clearly unable to handle or properly manage players of diverse qualities. More so as he’s jumped in as a coach at the highest level. I’m wondering his 1 on 1 coaching with Sterling is having a bias effect with the likes of Pepe.

Weird that you said this because you then went on to do exactly that. He has not been a “liability” and he has not been responsible for all the goals you listed. Sure he has made some mistakes, most of our team have! But Bellerin just gets scapegoated more than most, some people will hate on him and find a way to blame him no matter what he does.

It’s fair enough if you want to defend him on every occasion someone digs him because admittedly a big proportion of those posts from people on here are fishing for you to bite.

But whichever way you want to cut it, he has for a while been a bit of a weak spot in our defence so I don’t think Bizzy was exactly purposely digging here. It’s more than reasonable to highlight numerous examples of where has has cost us because he feels AMN is worthy of a shot in his position (I would agree).

The same argument can and has been made for other ‘scapegoats’ in our squad, and yes Bellerin and Xhaka seem to get it most because they play all the bloomin’ time! I’m pretty sure Holding would be in that bracket too if he was getting the minutes those 2 do. It’s all a shame really because it should be partly on Mikel and not the individuals themselves.

3 Likes

Actually I don’t. On the occasions he has played badly I have said so.

Weird. It was only the other week that people were praising him, saying he had turned a corner this season and was playing well. Yet now he is back to being a liability and weak spot?

People are so fickle.

We can revisit Elneny in a few weeks time. I promise you it’s nothing personal. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Never said it was. You’re actually the one who just said people say stuff about Bellerin to annoy me, so… :woman_shrugging:

Don’t think Bellerin has been really bad. He’s been good overall actually. There’s a reason he got called up by Spain again.
Having said that, he’s the personification of our inconsistency. One week he’s showing you the good old Hector and the other he gets rinsed all match like an amateur.

On Maitland-Niles, I would have loved if he was given a fair chance. I don’t understand why he was dropped and never got back into the side. Him and Tierney on the left started forming a great partnership on the left. Plus, he was doing a lot of silent work for Auba going forward too.

Don’t know what’s going on exactly, I guess we’ll see if he gets another chance in the starting lineup.

1 Like

Not shitting on him Otherwise I would be saying he he’s trash and not good enough to play at all but after Leno he’s the player with the most minutes, and like I said at least partly responsible for those goals.

AMN is only 22 and can still develop in to a top drawer player if Arteta gives him the minutes, wether that be on the left instead of Saka or are right back instead of Bellerin.

1 Like

Expecting him to lose his place in the NT soon given his lack of appearances for us.
Probably off next summer.

The mismanagement of this player has been shocking. Why keep him if there was no plan to use him?!

7 Likes