Ainsley Maitland-Niles

Did a great job simply shutting Mahrez out of the game.

Big gamble fron Arteta to shut off Mahrez, like he did with Traore v Wolves, and it paid off.

He ain’t going nowhere boys.

1 Like

That, and I like that he has a bit of athleticism about him. Can’t see why he can’t be a really valuable squad player and contributor for us in years to come.

Chucked in out of nowhere by the boss, and made it count. At one point twisted Kyle Walker inside-out. Love to see it.

I love his athleticism. For that alone I’d keep him as a squad option, basically forever (until he’s happy).

I can’t remember seeing him tired ever… Always ready to make a burst, he’s obviously quick also… He’s no Dani Alves but technically he’s decent. With some added experiece alone you have a very useful player there.

4 Likes

He’s shit. Far too error prone. Adds to the RB problem rather than solving it

2 Likes

He was great defensively last night but going forward he drove me mad, it was also terrifying when you saw Mahrez or KDB on him and Tierney wasn’t directly behind him. I still don’t think he’s anything more than a utility player and we should be looking to cash in on the hype from performances like last night.

4 Likes

I agree. A good utility player but not a starter IMO when we have a fully fit squad. He wants to play in midfield and I’m not sure he is the answer for us. Sell him in the summer if a decent bid comes in for him.

the Bird Catcher, what a lad. He went from ppl doubting him to being an integral part of our squad and in the starting xi for an FA Cup Final. Let’s fuckinnnn goooooooo!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

5 Likes

What next for this guy?
Had one of his best games for Arsenal today imo

Competing with 2 other players at right back which isn’t even his favoured position

Never going to be first choice in midfield where he wants to play

Would be an upgrade on backup left-back over Kolasinac, but once again he won’t be happy with that

Guess this is the last we’ll see of him?

1 Like

Would be scandalous. His relationship with Arteta surely has gotten better. We’ll need the squad depth at the very least next season.

2 Likes

What would you suggest?

Give it another year and re-evaluate. I would give him a much deserved pay rise too.

Please stay ains

2 Likes

I really just hope he can give up on wanting to become a CM and accept his role at AFC.

2 Likes

He should look at Kimmich. Spent all that time at right-back and he’s finally getting his time to shine in the midfield. When you play for a top team you accept the sacrifices. Auba plays LW, Ozil used to play RW, Ramsey was playing at the flanks too, etc.
You’re gonna get your chance there. Just focus on getting them minutes in at a top team like Arsenal. Even as a goalie lol.

9 Likes

Never heard Ainsley talk before. Having watched that interview and in light of winning the FA Cup, let’s give him a 6 year contract plz

1 Like

But that’s my point, what is his role?
Backup LB, backup RB, and backup CM?

I’m perfectly happy to keep him as he’s a great utility player, I just wonder if that’s enough for him…

1 Like

I’d have him as starting RB personally.

2 Likes