AFCON

:fu:t3::fu:t3::fu:t3::fu:t3::fu:t3::fu:t3:

1 Like

4 Likes

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Congrats to our Algerian brothers and sisters. Lol seems like nobody cares for the afcon, apparently the final was a bore so makes sense.

3 Likes

lol!

1 Like

1 Shot and 37% Possession…how did Algeria pull that off?

How does the final to an international football competition end up happening on a Friday night?

That was a minute from my home

Africa Cup of Nations draw:

• Group A: Cameroon, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Cape Verde
  • Group B: Senegal, Zimbabwe, Guinea, Malawi
  • Group C: Morocco, Ghana, Comoros, Gabon
  • Group D: Nigeria, Egypt, Sudan, Guinea-Bissau
  • Group E: Algeria, Sierra Leone, Equatorial Guinea, Ivory Coast
  • Group F: Tunisia, Mali, Mauritania, Gambia

Who’s the favourites these days?

Growing up it was all about Senegal and Cameroon for me, and then it became Ivory Coast with Drogba, the Toure bro’s, Keita etc.

But I can’t say I feel like there’s an African team currently that has the same kind of buzz as those teams.

Aubameyang vs Partey incoming.

Do people who follow this routinely complain about it’s expanded format the same way people do with the Euros?

Siu

2 Likes

Been on the cards for a while now. Shame as I was really looking forward to this tournament.

I also have a feeling that Qatar will step in and hodt

Likely to be cancelled/postponed.

Big for Pool if it that happens.

3 Likes

We’re not happy with our Africans right now. I was quite looking forward to a bit of a reboot with them having a change of scenery for a few weeks.

1 Like

Handy for them, but not as big as it may seem, pretty sure they only had 2 league games vs Palace and Brentford scheduled in this period.

When your at the top, and fighting for the title those 6 points could be all the difference.

Absolutely, although I’d still back Liverpool to beat those sides minus Salah and Mane.

Of course they’d rather it postponed, but if it does go ahead it’s as free a schedule as Liverpool could have hoped for.

Wasn’t this ACON meant to take place 12 months ago ? Wonder if they ever get the tournament done.

1 Like