Aaron Ramsey

Not gonna miss him. Glad he was risked instead of Santi if we had to lose one of them.

1 Like
1 Like

Another hamstring injury ā€¦
How come we get so many ?
There is something seriously wrong with the coaching staff , starting with Wenger .

Wonā€™t miss himā€¦ terrible footballer with no brain. Typical Prem player with grit and determination that has no idea how to play the game (despite his one purple patch). I cried for him the day his leg got shattered and wanted so much for him to return and be great, but WTF he is a shambles mentally - where in actual f*ck is our coaching? He, Ox, Theo are devastating indictments of our ability to coach and develop intelligent footballers right now. Sad to think in contrast to the erudite geniuses such as Henry and Bergkamp, Pires and Ljungbergā€¦

2 Likes

You can add Jack to that list and Gibbsā€¦the former hindered by injuries, but not sure though if it would have changed a lot.

Gibbs is a respectable squad player and not sure he was ever more than that (although at times I thought he might be)ā€¦ getting to that level at a club like Arsenal is no shame. I consider Wilshere a special case due to his propensity for injuries - canā€™t blame the club on a development level imho - if anything, one could argue about our record managing young players and injuries in general, but I think Wilshereā€™s development is unknowable due to injuries.

I want to get irate about this as itā€™s one of the worst things about him but heā€™s probably the only midfielder thatā€™s been in the league for 6 seasons or one of 6 or something stupid like that.

1 Like

I fully agree, but all iā€™m saying is that heā€™s not an intelligent player. Heā€™s an athlete that will make most of his job work through his athleticism. Heā€™s been at Arsenal for many years and there isnā€™t much evidence that he has ever really improved his decision making or general intelligence on the pitchā€¦ That doesnā€™t mean that he isnā€™t a solid back-up, but that heā€™ll never really be more than that.

I agree regards Wilshere too, itā€™s unknown, but when you look at our whole British core thereā€™s a decent chance that it may have gone either way.

Thatā€™s as you say something that hasnā€™t really been taught to them or developed over the years and simply doesnā€™t look good on the managing side.

2 Likes

I just canā€™t get on board with the people who want him sold.

When we had the team playing to his tune (and I acknowledge this meant the team was essentially built around him) he was utterly astonishing. He was playing at a bona fide world class level for months and winning match after match for us.

There is a place for him at this club. Another astute manager will find a way of accommodating him and our other good players into the same team, or at least rotating effectively.

3 Likes

I like your style. I agree here, and I could say the same about Theo and Ox. We get these three guys firing on all cylinders and the league is ours. World Class Ramsey, Messi and Bayern killer Theo, and the true Young potty Ox (fuck Deli Alli scum trash). We got this donā€™t trip.

You canā€™t say this about Theo or Oxlade Chamberlain:

ā€œWhen we had the team playing to his tune (and I acknowledge this meant the team was essentially built around him) he was utterly astonishing. He was playing at a bona fide world class level for months and winning match after match for us.ā€

This bit is pretty key to Solā€™s post.

1 Like

Heā€™s also the only guy on a team that gets countered in space and at speed 20 times a game that actually cares enough to get back enough to be dribbled past.

Probably Wengerā€™s biggest failing, not building the team around Theo and Ox. Good point Jakey.

Heā€™s becoming more the round peg in the square hole here. If we didnā€™t have Xhaka, then Iā€™d say with optimism that heā€™ll get future chances to posit his role as the go-to CM in our team but I just donā€™t see it anymore.

Thereā€™s a position heā€™d really flourish in I think and that is Ɩzilā€™s. A lot more freedom for him to be an influence to the attacking trio and make runs himself, without having to keep one eye on his defensive contribution behind him.

I wonder if Wenger can do a conversion job with him and make him a striker? :wenger:

JFCā€¦Wenger canā€™t even set up a team correctly or figure out how to survive set pieces without our striker becoming our best defender at times. He canā€™t even sign a striker let alone turn a guy that isnā€™t that good at his actual position in to a striker.

Sooo. . . thatā€™s a no then?

Hard no from me lol.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Thatā€™s not exactly something youā€™d want to admit at this point :rage:

Wenger never learns does he :facepalm:

Eat, sleep, rinse, repeat.

2 Likes