Aaron Ramsey

Imagine. Two 30/31 year olds. Just what we need.

1 Like

Fuck that.

Time to induce some optimism in this shit.

AMN, ESR, RN, EN and BS to take us to the CL final and win a CL for London, for the road. :wenger2:

The more I think about it the more Iā€™m against the idea of selling him. I think I prefer him over the rest of our midfielders bar Torreira

1 Like

Lose 2 of our top 5 players #unaiknows

I donā€™t believe that decision is entirely on The manager.

Give it a rest

Man barely getting a league game nowadays. Not even funny at this point.

Says a lot about the team when Ramsey and Ozil are our top 5 players and barely get a look in in the starting 11.

Indicative that the squad needs a clear out, might as well start in Jan and get rebuilding.

Rebuilding a team like that is one of the worst case scenarios. Not only is this gonna be a disaster financially but we have to find new players and until we do, we need to find solutions within. Given that we already reached our old terrible fitness levels Iā€™m worried af.

I canā€™t see how Emery should be getting any criticism for moving players that he doesnā€™t want to have and I also donā€™t think losing a painfully average Ramsey is really concerning at all to be honest.

2 Likes

This. Any manager should have free rain to get players in and out to suit his system.

I honestly think Aussie just likes moaning haha

1 Like

It depends on the replacements he brings for them, Unai seems to prefer Iwobi & Mhki to Ozil and Ramsey which I disagree with, but it is what it is.

1 Like

Yeah I donā€™t get it eitherā€¦ I could sort of see the argument for Iwobi given he is perhaps more naturally a wide player (although he seems comfortable in middle), but Micki makes no sense to me over Ozil or Ramsey.

1 Like

Theyā€™re better athletes and probably easier for Unai to apply his direction. Mkhi just got here and Iwobi is still fairly fresh as a professional. Iā€™m sure being teacherā€™s pets has been rewarding for them.(Donā€™t think thatā€™s bad)
Better players and veterans tend to trust their insticts and takes more to buy into someone elseā€™s beliefs. Thatā€™s where elite ā€˜managersā€™ come into play.

Micki is definitely not a better athlete than Ramseyā€¦ I could see the argument for both over Ozil, but Micki hasnā€™t exactly shown anything special, foot ballistically OR athletically speaking.

I do think Mkhi is slightly a better athlete than Ozil and Ramsey. Stronger feet(both of them), faster than Ramsey(not sure about Ozil) and possibly stronger than both. I am still questioning his stamina as he has been suspect of being lazy tracking back at times(even more than Ozil imo).
Quality-wise he doesnā€™t come close personally. Maybe he has a better long shot than Ozil but thatā€™s taking into account that Ozil doesnā€™t like to try his luck from distance.

I think a lot of the fear comes from that weā€™ll be losing players on next to nothing again.

Gazidis (+ whoever else responsible) has dicked this club financially, thank god heā€™s gone, hopefully less of these situations in the future.

Ramsey is a far superior athlete to Mhik and if anything Mhki is a marginally better athlete than Ozil.

He doesnā€™t fare very well out wide because he lacks explosiveness.

2 Likes

šŸ”“ #Juventus is working for #Ramsey #AFC (@DiMarzio)

ā€” Francesco Porzio (@fraporzio95) 22 december 2018

Interesting move. Logical move from Juve