Aaron Ramsey

Doesn’t look like we’re gonna offer him again. Case firmly shut. Good. We both need a change.

All the best to him

3 Likes

100%

1 Like

There’s never any certainties when it comes to agents, contracts, and money. We’ve all been around long enough to know that.

Did you mean to reply to me?

Not specifically, no. More a general statement, I guess.

This is a pretty transparent attempt to curry favor with the fan base. It’s a little odd to position himself as a passive observer in contract negotiations. He could have signed a contract last summer but the club was unstable and he was betting on himself.

4 Likes

Jack Wilshere all over again. The new regime brutal as… :kos2:

1 Like

Isn’t the Ramsey deal left over from the old regime?

Let’s hope that him and Welbeck are the last of contract mismanagement. Losing out on funds that could have been used to fill in gaps…

2 Likes

Its a spicy case. Wengz and Ivan Twatzidis looked to actively seek a new big ass contract for ramsey. In february Raul and sven came to power and the ramsey contact were put on behold.

It looks like Raul but especially Sven stopped the negotioations with ramsey as they knew we couldnt afford a jack of all trades master of none on a 250 k contract.

Ideally he got sold in the summer 2017, but it is what it is and hopefully the new management can learn from past mistakes.

1 Like

Last year I said after Atletico match that I want every single one of these players to be sold/gone.
Good thing we have started with Ramsey & Welbeck.
Next hopefully are Xhaka and Mustafi.

1 Like

Sorry, but we couldn’t have another big contract like Ozil’s. We are not Manchester City. He should have asked for less.

Based on what?

Mislintat is responsible for our scouting. I highly doubt he is involved in contract talks.

1 Like

The one thing I could counter in on Ramsey’s part is the managerial change in the summer. He may have wanted to see how/if he was included in Emery’s plans. If Emery turned around and said Arsenal absolutely must keep him, then his patience in the ‘talks’ would have paid off.

Arsenal were obviously aware of the position before entering on these negotiations but ultimately left the final decision to Unai.

Interesting.

More to this than the Ramsey people suggest.

Ma sauce

If that was the case, what the fuck were they thinking?
If Unai said yes, we would make this limited player 250k per week employee?
we missed out on 20-25m because of this stupid move

1 Like

I think he will sign.

Yea man just hand him 300 k a week. Dude is an elite player with exceptional ball controle. And that pace too… damn boy !

Why would he. We’ve pulled the contract.