Aaron Ramsdale (1)

Haha among people who had never watched him in their life. You have to admit that on here and Reddit there were loads of fans from his old clubs bigging him up and saying our assumptions were complete dog shit. You yourself admitted that’s why you came round to the idea of him.

Have to say it must have been really frustrating for fans of his past clubs listening to all the crap from Arsenal fans.

2 Likes

Maybe, but at the end of the day, who gives a fuck. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Certainly not the idiots spouting shite 24/7, that’s why they continue to go through life as fucking morons. Same folk will be doing the same crap on twitter next summer acting like authority on everyone while knowing nothing about anything.

Although I do agree I don’t care what other fans thinks of us but I can’t say I enjoy our fanbase being 80 percent brain dead either.

This guy looks good. The thing we should worry about is that he’s only played 5 games or w/e here.

Many a time players have come here from clubs where they did well, they start off great here and then slowly get worse and then half a season or a season later they look like hot garbage :bellcry:

3 Likes

I must admit I didn’t realise just how good this guy was with the ball at his feet, admittedly I didn’t watch a great deal of Bournemouth or Sheffield United and on the mini matches you just saw him picking the ball up out of the back of his net.

1 Like

Did the Sheffield United, Bournemouth, and Wimbledon fans know this?

There actually wasn’t much you could’ve seen, I remember seeing somewhere that Arsenal’s scouting on Aaron was really extensive and that was beyond his matches in the PL.
White’s agent actually talked about how extensively they scouted Benjamin too.

Sangare’s agent has said the same.

These are from yesterday.Him and AFC Wimbledon seem very fond of each other, its nice to see.

13 Likes

His passing is actually excellent. The confidence to play those ground passes right through the lines when we’re hemmed into our defensive third. He has real quality with the ball at his feet.

That is a genuine game changer for the way this team wants to play and will lead to many promising attacking phases for us in the future.

As others have said, was massively underwhelmed with the signing (the price tag was the big issue) but overall, he’s been our most transformative signing of the summer. Perhaps even of Arteta’s entire tenure, that’s how important he already is.

10 Likes

His ability to break the press is a game changer. How many times have we seen us struggle against high pressing teams, especially with the likes of Xhaka getting caught out numerous times. Ramsdale’s distribution is up there with the best GK’s in the world.

6 Likes

Only took a century to realize that keepers can partake in football too

I find he reminds me a bit of Peter Schmeichel in terms of the distribution, temperament and leadership of the defence, which is no bad comparison at all.

2 Likes

They have been partaking since football began.

I still want my keeper to be a good shot stopper, good at handling, and a good talker, rather than being able to pass properly…

1 Like

The better teams would prefer to have a keeper with average shot-stopping ability with good passing ability, rather than a keeper with excellent shot-stopping but a below average passer.

If a team wishes to dominate the ball, the keeper needs to participate in possessions. They’ll likely have less shots to save as a result.

Tbf that’s as of now as a trend for the last few seasons.
Whether it stays in place and for how long is another matter.

1 Like

It’s a game changer but even a few weeks back many were still defending Leno or feeling sorry for him, presumably a lot to do with that perhaps because things done right under Arteta are not so easily acknowledged as all he has done wrong.

I refer you to Dave Seaman in the cup semi against Sheffield Utd…He hardly touched the ball I recall, then made a world class save to allow us to get to the final…

I would rather our GOAL KEEPER did that rather than be able to spray 40-50 yrd passes…

I’m happy for him to do both. I’m not picky like that.

1 Like

Oh yeah…me too…

But…I want my keeper to be a better keeper, than a ball player, that’s all…