Aaron Hickey

On this lad?

Dunno, I think the club may be having some doubts. The Dimarco and Zinchenko links tell me the club are exploring different options.

1 Like

I read a rumour earlier that Newcastle are trying to outbid us with their newfound Saudi money, and he would be first choice there. Hopefully he rejects that for us. Did also read there is another LB we are linked with, although the name, club, etc. escapes me at the moment.

Tbh he didn’t exactly look amazing on that YT video posted but I’m at the point of trusting who we sign after last summer being 90% good.

Well, there wasn’t any evidence of Ramsdale being so good with the ball.
It was referenced as one of the reasons we looked at him so the club certainly does their homework with these.

How did people find him yesterday?

Dogshit from what I’m hearing.

Is it just me or does he look like a young Bellerin before he lost the ability to cut his hair? (And ability in general :joy:)

He has a very retro look, I used to have hair like that when I was 12… Bellerin approved :bellend:

Yeah he wasn’t great. Exposed defensively all game. Not his finest hour for sure. Fortunately, he looks a little more composed when playing for Bologna.

Have you ever noticed him for Bologna?
I heard his name before but I never really paid attention to him when I’ve seen a Bologna game.

I’ve only really seen a handful of Bologna games. And I have noticed him, but only because I have specifically looked out for him. A Scotsman in Serie A is a novelty :sweat_smile: I wouldn’t say he stands out as such, but he is certainly usually better defensively than what he offered last night, and offensively he is capable of moments like this

2 Likes

Do the commentators make sure to highlight him? That must be it. I can imagine BT are focusing on him for Bologna games?

Oh yeah, “the young Scottish lad” is his name according to BT Sport.

1 Like

Not convinced we’re actually in for him tbh, feels like there’s a minor interest at best coupled with a media spiral based on Tierney’s fitness, Nuno’s shitness and us signing Tomi from Bologna for a similar fee.

4 Likes

Always wanted Zinchenko anyway. Mi left back, Mi center midfielder.

One thing I will say about the Hickey rumour to Arsenal right now is, it’s curtains for Aaron.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s what British media have reported so far. He is a player of interest but there’s nothing advanced.

If Brentford actually have offered 11 million Euro- which I doubt, then we should offer 10.

6 Likes

Seems just a fluff piece tbf nothing we didn’t know already

Surely we aren’t getting Hickey and the Ajax dude lol