A four day working week

I completely agree but I just wonder how long before 3 days start to feel like not enough?

I mean a lot of jobs here in India (am am sure it’s the same everywhere) require people to work 6 days a week. For them a 2 day weekend is huge. But like you said, for those of us working 5 days a week, 2 days doesn’t feel sufficient. Is it just a matter of perspective?

Over the last few weeks of December, I took a half-day off on Fridays and believe me, just having that extra half a day felt like having a long weekend.

3 Likes

In the role I had before my current one I could kind of make my own hours. I used to leave the office every friday at 12 for the 3 years I did it. The work got done, nobody cared and I used to have my weeks washing done by 5pm Friday afternoon. Miss that but not the 50 mile commute.

1 Like

The first couple of years after marriage, my wife and I would do something similar. We’d finish the week’s shopping on Friday so we could have a lazy Saturday. We couldn’t leave our offices early so usually it would get late by the time we got home but there is no feeling like getting major chores out of the way on a Friday, no matter how late, and having an entire weekend still there to be enjoyed.

1 Like