22/23 season predictions

I think these models have trouble fully accounting for the summer window. They try to do it but they’re mainly based off performances the previous year and Fulham was a much much better Championship side than the others.

1 Like

And this takes into account new signings, etc. or based on historic shit?

I think its both but mainly performance level from the previous year (both results and XG type stuff, and weighted toward the second half of the season).

Watching them draw at Mansfield in the old second division on the big match back in the day is still a nice memory.

3 Likes

I want to change my prediction:

1. Arsenal
  2. Man City
  3. Newcastle
  4. Brighton
4 Likes

With the transfer window closed, the only change I’d make to this list is swapping spurs with Liverpool.
It could even be that Liverpool finish lower than third but I think spurs will be the biggest challengers to Man City for the PL title.

So I’ll go with:

Man City
spurs
Liverpool
Man U
Chelsea
Arsenal

You wouldn’t move Arsenal into the top 4 after what you’ve witnessed so far?

If we go the rest of the season without any injuries, then we could get top four but it seems unlikely.
Although if Liverpool keep up their recent average form or Chelsea’s new signings don’t gel, then we might take their place.

I think Man City and spurs will get the top two places but after that, it’s very close between the next dew teams

I don’t think Spurs have been that impressive :woman_shrugging:

Exactly, yet they’re sitting just behind us, ahead of Liverpool, Chelsea and Man U.
They had a good window and strengthened the positions that needed strengthening.
They got Richarlison, who is top attacking player to go with the best attacking partnership in the PL.

Conte has bought the players he needed to get them in a position to challenge for the title and the difference between their window and ours is that they strengthened while we mainly replaced.
Our lack of depth in quality is going to be the reason why they’ll probably finish above us.

1 Like

This was in August you know!

Though this was July.

I know you were joking at the time, but still. Good call. A lot of people here didn’t even put us in top 4.

I wasn’t joking🤨

Damn.

Fuck you’re looking near perfect, just hopefully the top 2 is the other way around.

I think this is a slight overstatement at this point of proceedings.

3 Likes

Liverpool will be top 4 pretty shortly, so maybe slight overstatement but it’s as good as any.

1 Like

He’s got one top four team in their correct position, honestly can’t see how it could be more perfect a prediction at this stage.

2 Likes

This is what she says in August, @Darkseid and @SRCJJ now know better.

2 Likes

Well Jesus for golden boot was a frankly terrible shout lol

:jorginho:

2 Likes