22/23 season predictions

I wish the window would fucking close in time for the season’s start, as it stands I don’t feel at all equipped to make any sort of worthwhile prediction about various teams’ final league standing, as squads could still look radically different by the time the window closes. If we sign another wide forward and a CM I’ll potentially put us a place or two higher, especially if Chelsea haven’t signed a striker or further reinforced their defence, but maybe they will do both those things.

3 Likes

Yeah this has stopped me too.

1 Like

It’s just for fun, guys. Doesn’t really matter if you get it wrong.

1 Like

Now come on. Everyone wants the bragging rights if they get something right. Owe it to yourself to have as much ammunition as you can.

1 Like

Well yes, but you’re less likely to be right if you don’t even guess.

1 Like

Ok I’ll say Arsenal to win every trophy this season and fuck everyone else :upside_down_face:

I think me and you were the only mad ones that had Arsenal Top 4 last season. I would’ve boasted the shit out of it if I got that right.

1 Like

Yep. We were very nearly right.

I put Arsenal in top 4 every season. Recently it has been blind hope, but this season I genuinely believe we will get it.

2 Likes

I remember regretting it after the first 3 games and said we would be lucky to even make top 6.

Let’s hope this time we are “just” right.

I will make my predictions with rose tinted glasses and the way I would like things to be

1. Arsenal
  2. City
  3. Liverpool
  4. Chelsea
  5. Spurs
  6. United
  7. West Ham
  8. Palace
  9. Newcastle
  10. Villa
  11. Brighton
  12. Wolves
  13. Leicester
  14. Brentford
  15. Southampton
  16. Forest
  17. Everton
  18. Fulham
  19. Leeds
  20. Bournemouth

Golden boot: Jesus
POTY: Jesus
YPOTY: Saka
Manager of the year: Arteta

Fixed it for you

1 Like

If it’s the way you would like things to be then that should read:

1. Spurs :grinning:

Edit: I see @Invincibles has just done the same thing. :wink:

1 Like

Haha! well yes, I welcome the alteration :smiley:

1 Like

Spurs would be no fun in another league.

My dream is 15th. Low enough to know that you’re a total mess, hate your owner, all your players except the few that are just about to leave, the future is grim, and with none of the joy of staying up on the final day.

8th was certainly soul crushing enough for me.

This feels roughly right. These models always predict fewer points than you would think because they build in a lot of worse case scenario stuff that we typically don’t think about. I would certainly predict us for more than 69 points.

If we’re just being completely cold and analytical (which is no fun, but if we are) then Spurs and Chelsea have better squad/manager combinations than us right now. I think various factors give Arsenal a lot of upside and I’m very excited to see what we can do. But I don’t think the machine is wrong here.

1 Like

There could be a few surprises and maybe either Man City or Liverpool don’t finish top two and one of the other big clubs drops to mid table, possibly Man U or Chelsea.

It’s hard to predict until after the window because if a team like Leicester, for instance, sells Maddison and Tielemans, hopefully to us or Chelsea buy a world class striker, it changes the situation.
But I’ll go with this:

Man City
Liverpool
spurs
Chelsea
Arsenal
Man U
Newcastle
West Ham
Leicester
Aston Villa
Crystal Palace
Brighton
Wolves
Everton
Brentford
Southampton
Leeds
Nottingham Forest
Fulham
Bournemouth

Good fucking lord, what are all these numbers and graphs?:nauseated_face:

2 Likes
  1. Man City
  2. Liverpool
  3. Spurs
  4. Arsenal
  5. Chelsea
  6. United
  7. West Ham
  8. Wolves
  9. Leicester
  10. Newcastle
  11. Villa
  12. Brighton
  13. Palace
  14. Southampton
  15. Forest
  16. Fulham
  17. Everton
  18. Leeds
  19. Brentford
  20. Bournemouth

I’m going to have to respectfully disagree, I think it would be immensely fun seeing Spurs going on away days to Rotherham and Huddersfield.

1 Like

No idea why Fulham are rated so much better than Forest and Bournemouth, their squad really isn’t very good :joy: