2024 General Election

I share your pessimism however, it’s worth noting that Labour members voted in favour of Proportional Representation at last year’s party conference. So while Labour leadership are ignoring that proposition at the moment, the smaller parties are in favour of it, the political movement on the far-right also want it. So the governing party are the only ones who dismiss it outright at the moment.

I hope first past the post goes, but like a return to the Customs Union of the EU, it’ll be at least a decade before it becomes something that can be debated openly in our Parliament.

1 Like

Hehe. Politics.

Seems like that could be any issue in any party.

2 Likes

You wonder if that’s a big reason why these parties all stink.

Black suited fucking cunts straight from student unions just sliming their way around.

1 Like

Got this through my door this morning :joy::joy:

It would have been cleverer if they’d put the blue behind Starmer and the red behind Sunak to show there’s absolutely no difference.

Will you vote SNP this time?

I’m at even more of a loss than ever about this one. Usually just spoil it because let’s face it, they’re all just out of touch wankers.

The last local election, the guy I voted for lobbied for an increase of 10% council tax on the already 5% increase they’ve made when he pledged he’d fight against any increase during his election campaign. I’m done trusting any politicians, local, national, regional, they can all do one.

Not sure, I do think I would trust them still over the other 2 and it doesn’t look like Labour need Scotland to win anyway

https://x.com/politlcsuk/status/1773099682991931428?s=46&t=LlMNFvsPPy2ozwuX8FhQrA

2 Likes

If I was Sunak I wouldn’t call one until the very last moment, just so I can lengthen my stint as PM as long as possible.

Also, just as a middle finger to Truss. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

They might as well just hand the keys to starmer, why waste everyone’s time and taxpayer money lol.

Yeah yeah democracy where we choose between 2 parties over and over.

1 Like

Wow, a July GE would be a real “fuck you” from Rishi to the Tories. The worst time for them is when all our students are back home, where they are usually registered to vote and will have ID with them.

This is why they were going for Freshers week in the Autumn; hoping that thousands of youngsters will be too busy for voting.

I think he’s going to trigger an election and step down. Tories having to scramble to vote in a new leader, get a manifesto together and go out knocking on doors, they’ll be utterly shafted.

3 Likes

ITV article said they have accepted the loss now :joy:

2 Likes

Jeez, even cutting National Insurance by 2p did fuck all for them. 63 Tory MPs retiring too.
I thought I’d enjoy the end of the Tories more than I am.

1 Like

They might have accepted losing but what they should really have to be having to accept is an imminent wipeout. Labour are useless.

Worst part in all this is that in 4/5 years time, I don’t believe we will be any better off with a Labour Government. The two parties are just way too similar.

I do think Labour will go pro re-joining the EU towards the end of their first term, to campaign for the next elections…

That’s one thing they could do to improve things though.

I wonder how much this freeport bollocks is going to get in the way when rejoining the customs union becomes a real possibility.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s any chance Labour will go in on a policy that will in any way polarise them or express an opinion. They will just continue to do or say anything that seems safe and can be retracted or doubled down on as needed.

1 Like

I really hope that neoliberal crap gets panned.

What an awful idea

@Leper I really hope not. They get a big majority they gives them a mandate. They have to be brave and now down to the papers and donors and scumbags.

Ideally ditch reeves and steering but that’s too far probably

They have to be brave, but they’re not brave. There isn’t a single thing they want apart from to be in power.

1 Like