2022 World Cup

I don’t drink at the vast majority of matches I go to, I’ve never known it to have a positive effect on the day if drinking before a game especially.

People that drink at sports games are casual fans imo.

Lots of casual fans in Australian sport then.

Yup, lots of casuals in lots of countries and sports

1 Like

I say “we” when referring to Arsenal and England without having been out there on the pitch lol.

1 Like

Can we open AdM thread again please

1 Like

Why was it even closed in the first place lol bit ridiculous

The drinking element shows how social it is.
For us its not just about the football, its about meeting up with mates who sometimes you only see at the games, have a chat and a few beers before the game, and maybe after too.

I dont think its purely to get on the beer, its that social element where mates and groups of people meet up and have a laugh together.

5 Likes

Quick mention of Scaloni, who was just an assistant at 2018.

His team selection and tactics were great. well at least until he was forced to make changes.

2 Likes

His team selection was great after the Saudi game and after the first 45 mins versus Mexico. Let’s not forget that he didn’t start Enzo Fernandez and left Julian Alvarez on the bench. He started Guido Rodriguez in the second game, a third-rate player who has no ambition with his passes. Played Lauturo too, but thankfully dropped him to the bench after another stinker versus Mexico.

I will say starting Di Maria on the left was inspired and unexpected. It really put France on the back foot…just a shame he subbed him off when he did, but I’d imagine it was to do with fitness

5 Likes

I am just in awe about how dominating Argentina was against Netherlands, Croatia & France. When they intended to attack, their passing was slick, clever and full of ideas.

Scaloni really got that front 6 playing as if they had been playing with each other for ages, despite going from 352 against Netherlands, 442 against Croatia to 433 against France.

He also nullified the shittiness of their fullbacks.

Great managerial display.

4 Likes

Just as a note, I’m pleased we never went big for Lautauro in the end. He’s todd.

2 Likes

Lautaro is lucky Argentina won in the end because otherwise he’d probably be in prison for his cameo in the final

2 Likes

I only just clocked that Botman and Gravenberch didn’t make the Netherlands squad. Wtf was that all about

Please cancel this annoying motherfucker

2 Likes

Has anyone actually went to his restaurant in London?

I had a friend that did and showed me the clips and all. You’re literally paying for the show there and to boast about it later.

1 Like

I wouldn’t go to his restaurant if I was being paid to be be there.

2 Likes

That’s a safe choice.
I remember seeing in the news years ago that someone got burned in one of his restaurants during one of those shows they do and he got sued.

Edit:
There we go.

It’s the Daily Mail, I’d take it with a pinch of salt if I were you.

4 Likes