2020 United States Presidential Election

Seemingly that isn’t the case though. The Electoral College favours The Republicans. They haven’t won the popular vote since 2004

^ it’s possible if Dems or non Republicans continue to win elections at the State level. The problem is that Republicans, because they have no base beyond white Christian men, have manipulated a lot of State legislatures to create safe voting districts.

Are the Democrats just shite at Gerrymandering? Or do they do it too when they get the chance?

Probably the second. Maryland leans pretty Democrat and our districts are just as poorly drawn.

1 Like

Just heard a trump supporter wearing a blu lives matter shirt got killed in Portland…

There’s a increasing number of people who think the union won’t last the next 50 years. Culturally and politically things have become so polarized. “Civil war” has been building for a while now we’re at the stage of low level faction wars between far left and right groups

3 Likes

The US definitely seems to be in a state of low level civil war right now. Hard to see that changing with either Biden or Trump winning!

Note the Trump supporters came to not inly fight protestors but to mow down protesters with their cars/SUVs

American politics is governed by money interests. The powers that be don’t want the Union split up.

Wild theory but lots of people seem to think Trump winning a second term without holding the popular vote will be triggering event where democratic governors send their EC votes to the popular vote winner in protest and the election is contested in the Courts

That would be crazy. I think there is a genuine problem that either side will find the winner illegitimate. I read quite a lot of hyperbole from both dems and Republicans about this election which is not healthy for a democracy at all!

1 Like

You mean the people you try to stop they right to march in Portland by blocking the roads.

But are you defending the murder of a person because he supported trump and the police?

1 Like

The US hasn’t been a democracy for quite some time now.

No they were driving into crowds attempting to mow people down and attacking people in crowds with weapons. There’s video of these incidents on the Daily Mail report. We don’t know who did it or why this man was killed. But that’s now 3 killings this week when far right militia confront Antifa/BLM. The first 2 killings were antifa members.

This is laughable; firstly the two antifa/BLM supporters attacked a kid who was giving aid to rioters and protecting businesses, is it his fault a paedophile and woman abuser tries to take his gun and beat him down? It worse when it turns out he didn’t shot when they tried to take his gun but ran instead, he didn’t shot until he fell, got hit in the head and head shots fired.

And no the patriot prayer was holding a rally so antifa/BLM tried to block the streets, btw the killer may have been identified. In the video you hear the dude shouting when he spots the trump supporter.

It’s like looking out the same window and seeing two different things. 33 dead now Many minority own businesses destroyed, many minority homes destroyed in these black lives matter riots, Yet people like just turn their heads and act like it’s not true amazing simply amazing.

Americans are being terrorised because of some dead criminals and trust me this nonsense is only going to help trump win re-election.

So you can point your finger at Antifas crimes, justify 2 murders and completely ignore the far rights attempted mass murder when they drove full speed into crowds. I suppose it’s par for the course coming from you.

They weren’t murders it was clearly self defence, why did they attack the boy giving aid to rioters and protecting businesses? Why try to take his gun? Why chase him and shot at him?

You seem to deliberately ignoring all the evidence.

But I still find it odd you defend A paedophile and woman abuser who attacks an innocent person, just because they are on your said that’s a bit disgusting if you ask me.

This is a typical right wing tactic of tarnishing the victim. Should I play your tactic? Why should we care about a right wing terrorist being killed?

For it to be self defense the shooters life would be at risk. His life wasn’t at risk in the first confrontation and wasn’t at risk when he was being hit by a skateboard.

They chased him because he’d just killed someone. He wasn’t shot at, in actual fact when he shot the man with the gun, the man had his hands up in the air and he still shot him.

This a joke right?

It was self defence, they tried to take his gun and shot at him… and being hit with a skateboard over your head can kill you dummy like most blunt objects to head.

They chased him before that, he ran 600 feet before he was tripped, fired his gun after he heard shots, shot the second guy after he was hit with the skateboard, and shot the third guy in the arm that was trying to shot him. Btw you didn’t answer my questions, let’s try again:

1. Why did they try to take his gun?
  2. Why attack him while he was giving aid to rioters and protecting businesses?
  3. Why chase him and shot at him?

You avoided it the first time.

Also tell me what did the trump supporter do to get shot?

Just to put an end to this mrhappy information comes from none other than the right wing New York Times

1 Like