2018 FIFA World Cup

No I knew it wasn’t a go at me, I just hadn’t seen that said in the other threads.

Underrated or not, he is a cheater, GOAT cheater, disgrace of football.

1 Like

De Bruyne tops the midfielders but supposedly had a shit WC…

Ok

1 Like

Lol

His playmaking in tight spaces and general ground he advances his team are supreme tbh. No selfishness just unbelievably intelligent and skilful play. These are probably his more underrated attributes as opposed to the flashy stuff.

1 Like
1 Like

I preferred Quaresma’s :pensive:

2 Likes

think if Pavard didn’t score that goal, France would have been knocked out by Argentina.

2 Likes

For me it’s a clear winner. Outside of the boot with power and a bit of spin is my cup of tea.

1 Like

Yeah, also considering the meaning of the goal; basically the most important goal for France in the World Cup. If he doesn’t score that it’s very possible they don’t advance.

2 Likes

I thought Quaresma’s was more impressive because it was with the outside of the boot from on the floor. Easier to get that kind of swazz on it when the ball is in the air.

I’m removing all context from the goals, if you want to factor in importance then yeah, no question this one wins it.

2 Likes

The goals mentioned are all good candidates I agree. But for me, Ronaldo’s free kick vs Spain was the goal of the tournament because of the setting:

Everyone knows he is going to go for goal. De Gea knows he is going to go for his left (Ronaldo’s right) corner, aligns the wall properly, almost taunts Ronaldo to go for it. The wall knows he is going for that corner. All the players on the pitch knows he is going for that corner, the live audience, everyone in front of their tv, my dead great grandma, the whole world knows he is going for that corner. And he still goes for it. And right in that corner. And he scores lol

Boss move.

Other than that a goal I remember as being absolutely delicious was that long back and forth cross the whole pitch goal by Cavani (with Suarez).